Studio One Studio One 5.1 Update

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
SO 5.1 update is available now for SO 5.0 Pro and Artist.

Check it out >>HERE<<
Thanks Bob,
We've got a few folks here who've upgraded to 5.
Personally I was gonna stay with 4 but, after looking at a few of the new tools, I had to bite the bullet.
I'm glad I did.

Just did the update!
:thumbup:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
SO 5.1 update is available now for SO 5.0 Pro and Artist.

Check it out >>HERE<<
I had this video show up in my FB timeline this morning.
https://youtu.be/tp98QSW3uwY
Pretty impressive stuff. I grabbed it and installed it before barn chores today, but haven't had time to beat on it yet.
I'm interested in playing with the "Retrospective Recording" function.
Right after Griff's AAP session this evening, I'll be watching a livestream from one of the guys Presonus uses in the Studio One Gurus on Sphere as he goes through some of the new stuff here: https://youtu.be/NtS7uudHW_Y

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
Yeah I lost internet AGAIN after I saw the update was released, so I’ve not updated yet. SO Pro isn’t my main tool, but I’ll get around to downloading it in a day or two.

(Internet has not been entirely stable since the derecho)

Pro Tools has had retrospective for quite a while, and it can be cool especially if while rehearsing your part you nail it.

I used it when it first came out, kind of gee whiz stuff. Generally I just loop record a part to a playlist. Then if I want I can comp bits and pieces from the playlists to make the right take.

Looks like a lot of bug fixes too.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Has anyone installed it yet?
I'm getting some really strange buzzing now. Even just trying to listen to a prerecorded track.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I did the update this morning - so far no issues playing songs from before or recording & playing back new tracks.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Been fooling around with is since yesterday afternoon. No issues here. Just brought over a song I started in Cubase several months ago and finished it in S1.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks for checking guys. Looks like I've got issues on my end AGAIN.

I just figured out that the driver for my Presonus StudioLive AR8 failed the last time I brought up S1 so it defaulted to... You guessed it ASIO4All. I changed it back and all is well with the world again.

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks for checking guys. Looks like I've got issues on my end AGAIN.
I just figured out that the driver for my Presonus StudioLive AR8 failed the last time I brought up S1 so it defaulted to... You guessed it ASIO4All. I changed it back and all is well with the world again.
Have you updated Universal Control? I checked mine and I have UC 3.3.0.59348. The firmware for my AR12 is V 2.22. The firmware version in the mixer may not be the same for the AR8.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I had this video show up in my FB timeline this morning.
https://youtu.be/tp98QSW3uwY
Pretty impressive stuff. I grabbed it and installed it before barn chores today, but haven't had time to beat on it yet.
I'm interested in playing with the "Retrospective Recording" function.
Right after Griff's AAP session this evening, I'll be watching a livestream from one of the guys Presonus uses in the Studio One Gurus on Sphere as he goes through some of the new stuff here: https://youtu.be/NtS7uudHW_Y

Any luck with Retrospective Recording? I haven't been able to figure out how to enable it on a live guitar track. the option only appears if I add a MIDI (I guess) track, and even then IT doesn't let me enable it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Any luck with Retrospective Recording? I haven't been able to figure out how to enable it on a live guitar track. the option only appears if I add a MIDI (I guess) track, and even then IT doesn't let me enable it.
It only works on MIDI. Been through two videos and a livestream to confirm it.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Have you updated Universal Control? I checked mine and I have UC 3.3.0.59348. The firmware for my AR12 is V 2.22. The firmware version in the mixer may not be the same for the AR8.

Hmmm... I don't think I've checked that I'll look now. Thanks.

Just did a "Check for updates". It says I'm current.