Strumming&Mastery course

L

leftyplayer01

Griff
I just started this course,And wanted to know if I pick up any Music tab and see Note Values such as Eight notes,or what ever is there,I should be able to pickup the strumming pattern,And feel as to how the song is to be played by what I'm learning from your Videos taught in the course,if so this going to take some time,As I have pick up some bad habits!

samwell

been here.....
hi leftyman, think this inquiry might get more appropriate response here:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=srmquestions

welcome to the forum & yeah: bad habits are best not acquired :-?  drop by regular.... [smiley=beer.gif]

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Griff
I just started this course,And wanted to know if I pick up any Music tab and see Note Values such as Eight notes,or what ever is there,I should be able to pickup the strumming pattern,And feel as to how the song is to be played by what I'm learning from your Videos taught in the course,if so this going to take some time,As I have pick up some bad habits!

I really don't think that you can pick up a strumming pattern from the notes that you find in most musical scores. What you usually find is that the notes that you see are either going to be the vocal part or something pretty akin to it. You may find some music that supplies the solos, bass, keyboard, too... but rarely will they help with strumming. If you see notation like you find in the SRM course (The up/down caret symbols), that's about the only time you can count on music for the strumming parts.