Story behind moniker?

KPlum1280@gmail.co

Blues Newbie
I found myself at a point of having to pick myself back up and put the pieces back together again. I started playing the guitar while I was in prison, and found that I actually enjoyed it enough to keep on playing when I got out. So, here i am, divorced, broke, living in someone's basement, having to start all over again. I decided to ditch my usual nickname, Captain Kirk (was in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club for a summer that lasted 20 years), and just go with something simple, my first name and last initial. Step one, finding out who I am.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Interesting story Kirk. I hope guitar playing and this forum can help you put your life back together.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Hey Kirk - welcome aboard Uncle Griff's Blues Club! :)

And, always great to see somebody else in the cornfields.

Kevin

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
Shoot Kirk, your cornfield is right next to MY cornfield.  HowDeee!  [smiley=lolk.gif] and Welcome

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I found myself at a point of having to pick myself back up and put the pieces back together again. I started playing the guitar while I was in prison, and found that I actually enjoyed it enough to keep on playing when I got out. So, here i am, divorced, broke, living in someone's basement, having to start all over again. I decided to ditch my usual nickname, Captain Kirk (was in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club for a summer that lasted 20 years), and just go with something simple, my first name and last initial. Step one, finding out who I am.
Good for you Kirk. Some people go through life with little or no adversity and never get the chance to find out what they are really made of.

Getting kicked to the curb challenges you to stand up and fight for yourself, all the while rediscovering your priorities, and who you are as a perso. Your journey has bought you to a great group of people, as you will find with time.

It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up.

All the best with your future challenges, I hope you are really excited about the possibilities.

TimeZero

Blues Newbie
TimeZero is the name of a Polaroid instant film that was used in the old instant SX-70 cameras. One of its characteristics was that the emulsion is particularly soft and pliable for about 30 minutes or so before it's fixed. Artists soon discovered that they could take advantage of this time by "smooshing" the emulsion around to create some really interesting effects (for any music fans in the group, Peter Gabriel's 3rd album cover was shot on TimeZero film and then manipulated in this way to create the melted waxy look). I studied photography for a while and became fascinated with alternative photographic processes in general, and this method in particular, though I never got particularly good at it. Now everything's digital.

I've also become a fan of watches and watch collecting, notably mechanical watches - the kind without batteries that one has to wind by hand. So the idea of a forum name that reflected both of these interests was appealing to me.

I guess it's time to find a name that adds cycling and guitar in the mix!

-James