Story behind moniker?

artyman

Fareham UK
In my former life I used to race sailing dinghies, eventually winning both the National and Inland championships. Age caught up with me and it was getting harder, since I'd managed six years without dropping out of the top three, I felt it was time to quit before I ended up back in the middle of the fleet.

Wondering what to do with all this extra time I now had, I took up watercolour painting, even managing to sell quite a few once I started to produce something reasonable, hence the handle 'artyman' which I started using on various art forums. If interested you can see some of my paintings on my website www.artyman.co.uk

EJG

Central NJ
Just my initials.  I use it on every forum.  Sometimes your handle is required to also have a number, and then I'm EJG1.  Like MikeS, I'm creatively challenged.

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
Fascinating stuff guys. So sorry to spoil the party, but there's no interesting story behind my moniker. First name - John. Surname - Gelbart. Hence john-g. Tried johng but it was taken  :mad:
Ok ok, stop yawning ... I told you straight off my story doesn't have any razzle dazzle to it ... next !  ;D

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Pretty boring stuff for me.  First name last initial.  Easy peasy.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I'm thinking FATRSM would be a much better moniker. Abbreviation for Frankie and the Rope Smokin Midgets.

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
I'm thinking FATRSM would be a much better moniker. Abbreviation for Frankie and the Rope Smokin Midgets.
Kevin you crack me up.  But for all the abuse you've heaped on my stature I fully expect you to buy me as much beer as I can drink to sooth my bruised ego!!  :p

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
The credit for the term "midget" has to go to Doug, who introduced you that way @ Wilburs. I just embellished on the idea. And I wouldn't have given u a great name for your band if I didn't love ya.

So drink all the beer you want buddy, I mean how much can you fit in that little body of yours anyway?  ;D

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
my moniker? ...a "cowboy" from Maine?... :-?...  the story goes like this...once upon a time, while working on my master's degree, I walked into a class (most of them were online) wearing some boots and a hat...neither of which could be describes as cowboy gear but Laura, a cohort of mine in the master's program and behind the scenes, called out, "cowboy is here" ...thus the beginning of the nickname...online we had way too much fun and the professors knew that if anything weird was going on, cowboy and Laura probably instigated  it...we did... ;)...when it came time to come up with something for BGU, "cowboy" was an easy fit...

btw, when I was a kid, I spent most of my band playing days in cowboy boots...amazing what goes around comes around...I now have five pair but the feet appreciate sneakers better these days...later.

cowboy

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Yes, I know I'm going a little off topic, but I think this is a Cowboy song:
4132925903_High_heels_sneakers_xlarge.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bmbSC9c2ys

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom

I think you have found Cowboys theme song.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ

I think you have found Cowboys theme song.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

LOL...if you guys remember correctly, Lynn, Pete and myself did this song at BGU Live as a tribute to Laura...my arches would have a problem with those high heels but Laura would be PERFECT... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]...later.

cowboy

tommytubetone

Great Lakes

Ouch! I guess you won't get an invite to the the next Maine jam.  ::) ;D

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I'd hate to see this get buried, since there are always new members with interesting handles. Is this worthy of a permanent spot somewhere?  :-?

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Mine's really simple.  It's part of my email address.  It's my first and middle initial along with where my home is now, Arkansas.  At the time I started it, I thought it appropriate since I was one of those "sneaky, cagey" property claims adjusters. But, since I'm still a cagey kind of guy, it's still appropriate.   :D.  If I ever decide to change it, it'll probably be "old hippie". 

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Mine's really simple.  It's part of my email address.  It's my first and middle initial along with where my home is now, Arkansas.  At the time I started it, I thought it appropriate since I was one of those "sneaky, cagey" property claims adjusters. But, since I'm still a cagey kind of guy, it's still appropriate.   :D.  If I ever decide to change it, it'll probably be [glow=yellow,2,300]"old hippie"[/glow]. 

I believe I have the trademark on that one! ;-)