Stolen 58 LP RI

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
A friend of mine called this morning super upset, someone broke into his music room(converted garage) and stole his 58 LP RI, and a Heritege hollow body H535 and some other equipment, but the biggies are his guitars, The LP is a 1994 model, it's a tobacco burst--really faded so it looks like it's solid color, with a Bigsby tremlo, the Hertiage has a natural maple top. The serial # for the
LP is 8-7148  I know it's a shot in the dark, but that guitar is going to be hard to get rid of around here, if anyone come across this guitar please pm me.

Carlos

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
That really sucks!

But theft insurance is pretty cheap.  If you have some fancy guitars that are worth some $$ you should really have them insured.  I got renters insurance for my son for up to $15K, for like $15 a month.  It has a $500 deductible, but that beats the heck out of $3K of lost guitars.

And guitars are guitars.  They ARE replaceable.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Big time sucks.  Everytime I leave the house I'm afraid I'll come home and find my stuff missing.  Good idea with the insurance Cap. I've been meaning to look into that with my homeowners.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I will keep an open eye in my area! I've bee ripped off before and know the feeling! I'm so sorry to here this! :(

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
Unlikely it will show up here but I will keep an eye out...has somebody already posted the info on FB?...later.

cowboy

Bill T

Binge Drinker
Really bad news.

Most of the time they have enough sense to drive it 500 miles down the interstate before they sell it to a pawn shop for a few bucks to score some meth.

I had a super strat the I physically imported from korea and a taylor 814ce acoustic stolen from my car a while back.

I felt dirty fro 6 months and spent much of my free time visiting pawn shops in the Norman-Oklahoma City area of which there are hundreds.  Trolled craigslist every day - still do for OK City, Tulsa and Dallas.

I wish you the best in getting your stuff back and a life sentence for the culprit. 

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Man, that is messed up...hope the jerk ODs and ends up in ER....I'm 2300 miles away but will be checking CL from Vegas to Phoenix Daily.....

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
It happened to me ... lost my old LP Custom, Martin D18 and several other guitars.  Makes you want to kill.  I did find my stolen Carvin in a pawn shop, and got that one back.  My homeowner's insurance was a joke ... what they gave me wouldn't cover replacing those guitars at all.

JN99

Hang Fire
... in a pawn shop...

Bingo, first thing I thought when I read this.  I always wonder what percent of PS inventories are stolen property.  With pawn shops everywhere, very hard to trace and ever find your property again.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
... in a pawn shop...

Bingo, first thing I thought when I read this.  I always wonder what percent of PS inventories are stolen property.  With pawn shops everywhere, very hard to trace and ever find your property again.
I don't often see high end guitars in pawn shops around here - mostly Squier Strats and Epiphone Specials it seems - but I guess a high end guitar at a cheap price doesn't last long in a pawn shop, if it ever even hits the showroom floor.
Years ago I had my entire house cleaned out - literally. The worst part was that they found the guys and I got it all back - just when I thought I was going to get all new stuff!!
Good luck finding those prized instruments. I'd be bummed.
Tom

giayank

Just another day in paradise
     June 12 , 2014 while my 11 yr old Grandaughter and I were visiting my wife in the hospital my daughter came to my house stole one of our cars and cleaned out all the electronic gear as well as all my power tools . Took antique watches and all my wife's jewelry along with her wedding ring . When I got home and saw what happened the Grandaughter and I went to the police .My wife and I have since been given full custody of our Grandaughter . My Daughter lost her family forever . I have been given a beautiful blue eyed red headed freckled faced jabber mouth that gives me hugs every day and says she feels sorry for how old I am . I never said she was perfect . To say I feel betrayed doesn't begin to touch the extent of my feelings . My wife asked me as a favor to her not to press charges so I didn't . I never wanted to have her arrested I wanted to take a baseball bat to  her . I didn't do that either . So here I am 62 with an 11 yr old to raise . I just finished getting our 22 yr old through Grad school . My wife and I raised four daughters . Now we have another one to raise . All I can say is I must have been a real jerk in a previous life to deserve all this . LMAO . Carol Burnett once said the definition of humor is tragedy plus time . We're already laughing now we just need some time . ;)   
    I'm sorry for your friends loss . We live in a really screwed up world . I'll keep eyes open for the guitars . I won't go to a pawn shop I'm afraid of what I might find there .

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Giayank,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but you do seem to have a good attitude about it.

And as for being... "mature" and raising kids - you and I are what I call BLESSED.  My oldest is 23, my youngest is 2.  I'm 49, so when I'm 62 she'll be 15 - so I'm right there with you including that it's a redhead, freckle-faced, jabber-mouth I get my hugs from.

We're lucky, you and I - kids underfoot keeps you young - now let's go hug our little girls! :)

Kevin

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Giayank,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but you do seem to have a good attitude about it.

And as for being... "mature" and raising kids - you and I are what I call BLESSED.  My oldest is 23, my youngest is 2.  I'm 49, so when I'm 62 she'll be 15 - so I'm right there with you including that it's a redhead, freckle-faced, jabber-mouth I get my hugs from.

We're lucky, you and I - kids underfoot keeps you young - now let's go hug our little girls! :)

Kevin
     Thanks Kestrou . I didn't want this to be my story my intention is to share so others can see even when bad things happen in your life to learn not to let it snowball to effect you entirely . I have one daughter who is struggling with drug abuse . Today however my oldest is coming over so we can celebrate her 35th birthday . To make it even better is that all she asked for was Dad's home made fried chicken . My life is not perfect but I have many blessings . We have chosen to dwell on them .  To me being lucky means you have choices . :)

Banjo_Dave

Blues Newbie
A friend of mine called this morning super upset, someone broke into his music room(converted garage) and stole his 58 LP RI, and a Heritege hollow body H535 and some other equipment, but the biggies are his guitars, The LP is a 1994 model, it's a tobacco burst--really faded so it looks like it's solid color, with a Bigsby tremlo, the Hertiage has a natural maple top. The serial # for the
LP is 8-7148  I know it's a shot in the dark, but that guitar is going to be hard to get rid of around here, if anyone come across this guitar please pm me.

Carlos
I will watch around here too. Hate things like this.