Steven Seagal plays the Blues

GRUMPY

Blues Newbie
Steven Seagal is not only a actor, but he is a cop, and he plays blues guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKjdOZ026Gg&feature=related

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
As much as I HATE him as an actor, he's a decent player, so I gotta give him his props.

L

Lame_Pinky

Hey Jim you are stretching things a bit aren't you calling him an "actor" ?

LP

btw couldn't understand a word he said

GRUMPY

Blues Newbie
Hey LP, I liked him, He is a great Martial Artist. His acting was not all that great, but I enjoyed watching him.

NOLABlues

Blues Newbie
He doesn't do much strumming, just uses that big ol' thumb of his for single note picking. Very unusual to watch but he gets great tone. Saw him at a fund raiser show last year, good back-up band.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
My understanding is that he has quite a collection of guitars......if he loves the blues....enough said....later.

cowboy

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
I watched a few of his videos..never knew he was a player but I'm sure looking at him differently now.
Pretty cool.
Conan O'Brien is a player/collector too.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
I saw the video a week or so back. Yesterday I heard him again singing a different song on Bluesville SXM. He hit a triple with me cause I like mixed martial arts, action films and the blues. :)

bob

Blues Newbie
i liked it
only because he might read this and come over to yorkshire and kick my arse
:eek:

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
A side of him I wasn't aware of. Thanks for posting!  I was on a flight to Sydney, Australia and got the opportunity to meet him. I think it was 94 or 95.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I think he's using the patented Stratogeezer thumb picking technique.

E

Emilio

Ok.............................................................

I'm with Bob on this one

I have been deliberating over this for at least five minutes, and I still couldn’t tell you if he is a better guitarist than he is an actor?

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Good actor, Bad actor, good Blues player, bad Blues player, good cop, bad cop ...  :-/ ... Whatever the case may be, he's got our attention and a much LARGER bank balance than most of us ... I believe that denotes a level of success in itself  ;) ... And... I agree with Bob, an artistic man to say the least  :cool:  

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
The guy obviously loves the blues and loves playing guitar.
That's enough to garner my respect.
One thing is clear...Bonamassa can rest easy.
I do think SS could benefit from BGU.
Need to get him working on the BGU solos.

Russ

Blues Newbie
I always knew he was a player, but I'd respect him more if I could have understood a single word he said. Everybody's got their own way of playing. He plays better than I do, so I guess I have no right to cut on him. It's like I tell my 14YO daughter she has no right to gripe about driving skill of other people when she's not there yet.  :-X

560sdl

Blues Newbie
I actually love Steven and all his movies, but I bust out laughing every time they have a scene where he is running, either being chased or chasing someone.  Here is a big huge macho guy running like a little girl. ;D ;D ;D