Steve Howe: "You can’t search for your own sound. You’ve already got it - it’s there"

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
that's a nice story - highlighting how much he has used the ES175 throughout his career. Steve Howe really is fantastic. I remember reading in an interview where he described his versatility as being due to "three hours a day for fifty years". That was at least ten years ago, and I bet he hasn't stopped. He's just put out a new album. Sadly I think Yes are finished with recording (I think I've got all of their recordings). "Clap" (aka The Clap) is one of my favourite guitar pieces.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Sadly I think Yes are finished with recording (I think I've got all of their recordings).
Billy Sherwood is the current bass player for the band, since Chris Squire's passing a couple of years ago. He seems to think the group may have at least one more album in them. They all still get a long and like each other, which says a lot for a band that's been around as long as Yes.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Just read that book, some interesting stuff in there. I saw them a few times in their heyday, Steve fascinated me because he was one of the few popular guitarist who played with what was very much a classical left hand technique. His quote about your own sound is common sense, develop your own style/tone and put your hard work into that rather than trying to sound like someone else, which is almost impossible anyway. In my opinion of course.