Starting Beginning Blues Guitar course

ChuckAbernathy

Blues Newbie
HI Everyone!

Question: Is there a structured path for these courses?

Meaning that someone new to playing the Blues would naturally start with this course (which I have), but thinking there are additional course that you should also be doing as well or suggested courses. Specially if you have the "All Access Pass". I been here a few weeks now and going through the courses and the forums and haven't really come across anything structured, but found some that would compliment the Beginning Blues course.

Example:

Beginning Blues Guitar Path:

Start here
1. Beginning Blues Guitar

Should also be familiar with
a. Learning Notes
b. Rhythm Figures course
c. Major-Minor chords
d. Pentatonic Scales/Box positions

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Chuck Abernathy

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
6 or 7 years ago, Griff made this chart to answer your question. Only problem is, it doesn't incorporate any of the stuff he's put out since then, and his catalog has gotten so big that I don't think he's done one since. That said, you can take a look and get an idea of a path to take.

Attachments

• BGU-Courses-And-Levels.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It really depends on where your weaknesses are.
There are many paths, but you can't go wring with:
Beginning Blues Guitar (BBG)
Strumming & Rhythm Mastery (SRM)
Blues Guitar Unleashed (BGU)
(or Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed (ABGU) if that's where your interests are.)
(or Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed (CRGU) if that's where your interests are.)
5 Easy Blues Solos (5EBS)
"Half " way through BGU, Soloing Without Scales (SWS)
Guitar Theory Made Useful (GTMU)
20 Turn Around & Ending Licks

At that point you can reevaluate and any of the remaining courses will be great..
Pentatonic & Skills Mastery? (PSTM)
Blues Solo Construction Kit (BSCK)
Blues Gig In A Box (BGIAB)
Blues Speed Building Blocks (BSBB)
(or Classic Rock Speed Building Blocks (CRSBB) if that's where your interests are.)

Loads more options as you go along.

MarcV

Blues Junior
6 or 7 years ago, Griff made this chart to answer your question. Only problem is, it doesn't incorporate any of the stuff he's put out since then, and his catalog has gotten so big that I don't think he's done one since. That said, you can take a look and get an idea of a path to take.
Thanks for sharing. That is great chart and sort of corresponds to what was floating around in my head about all the courses.

ChuckAbernathy

Blues Newbie

Very nice and this works and can fill in the new courses in as well!!

Thanks!
Chuck

ChuckAbernathy

Blues Newbie
It really depends on where your weaknesses are.
There are many paths, but you can't go wring with:
Beginning Blues Guitar (BBG)
Strumming & Rhythm Mastery (SRM)
Blues Guitar Unleashed (BGU)
(or Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed (ABGU) if that's where your interests are.)
(or Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed (CRGU) if that's where your interests are.)
5 Easy Blues Solos (5EBS)
"Half " way through BGU, Soloing Without Scales (SWS)
Guitar Theory Made Useful (GTMU)
20 Turn Around & Ending Licks

At that point you can reevaluate and any of the remaining courses will be great..
Pentatonic & Skills Mastery? (PSTM)
Blues Solo Construction Kit (BSCK)
Blues Gig In A Box (BGIAB)
Blues Speed Building Blocks (BSBB)
(or Classic Rock Speed Building Blocks (CRSBB) if that's where your interests are.)

Loads more options as you go along.

Thanks Mike! I just need to structured myself as well and set a schedule to incorporate into my weekly training these other supportive lessons to round out my training!

jammoore99

Blues Newbie
Chuck, good luck moving through the courses and thanks to Snarf and Mike for sharing the course chart and information. It's a great help in planning the journey. Happy Trails!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I’ve just started BBG and have added half my practice time with Strumming course. So far it fits me well.
Cool. You’ll be prepared to breeze right through all the later BBG lessons that involve strumming chords. :cool: