Sonic spacing of piano and guitar - with nice fills

One great side benefit of learning from Griff vs. other teachers i've had is that it is changing the way i listen to and appreciate recording & performing artists. I recognize the value of 'little chords' and leaving sonic space for others, but also find it - not quite the right word but - boring sometimes. For that reason, i am really enjoying a fresh pespective going through this 52 Rhythm Fills course.

That's what made this alternative - a recording of Clarence Gatemouth Brown, song titled Deep Deep Water - a really interesting listen. I could listen to a slow blues like this all day and still find it captivating. From the turnaround at about 4:57 mark to about 7:22 there are no vocals, i encourage you to listen to the comping first by the guitar with piano lead, then guitar lead with piano backing.

Here's a link, would enjoy observations and comments of others who have more live band experience than me: https://youtu.be/JKVwPbTgmnU

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Just beautiful! The striking thing about the guitar licks to me are the dynamics... the variation of loudness and softness. That's something that I think very few of us amateurs do very well.