Song name?

patb

Blues Junior
Some years ago I heard a song with a lyric " Never should have started runnin with a gamblin man" .
Anybody know the name?
thanks Pat

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
There are a number of sites that will match lyrics to a song
I did a quick search and didn't find those lyrics.
Having said that, I used to use a very comprehensive site for that sort of search but, I can't remember what it was at the moment.
I'm involved in a few other things right now, as soon as I can, I see if I can find that.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Sorry,
Searched around, can't find the web site I used to use for things like this.:(

Perhaps if you can provide a little more info to help narrow the search?
-Genre
-Male / Female

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
With all due respect, are you sure........................because if thats true I have been singing that song wrong for years, I dont remember that line in it
No, I'm not sure.
I did what most people do; I Googled that phrase and Bob Seger is what came up.

That's why I ended it with a question mark.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
With all due respect, are you sure........................because if thats true I have been singing that song wrong for years, I dont remember that line in it
I used to be concerned about singing the wrong lyrics too, until I found out Chuck Berry had been singing the wrong lyrics for years. And they were lyrics to songs he had written. @ 2:04 How am I gonna remember that? And then look at him get up and walk over to the lyric sheet @ 4:35. God I loved Chuck. He cracked me up.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Thanks to all who responded. Sorry, that's all the info I have. DAmn.
Pat
if you can hum the song, send us something like that, maybe we could figure it out. It could be we have the right idea but the words are wrong.

There is also Shazam if you can hum it well enough it may tell you