Soloing Without Scales-Solo 1 Funk Blues In G

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
There, I created another one!
For you folks that have received your package, but have decided to put it on the shelf until you... (you fill in the blank), here's my advice; DON'T DO IT! Open it up and start playing. Yes even you guys that are nearly through with BGU.
I'm not saying that Solo 1 will challenge guys like Wayne, or John or Dave (The list could go on for quite a while), but I just spent the last hour and a half or so working on it and (I've gotten through the first 23 bars) it's a fun solo! There's a lot of bending in it so it's a good workout for your callouses, and plenty of hammer-ons and pull-offs for newer folks to get some really great learning in.
Jump in, the water's fine!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Cyber, It was going really well and I thought I might get to the recording point, but The last measure is gonna take a little while and my fingers hurt! Maybe tomorrow.

Cyberthrasher_706

Blues Newbie
I need to hammer down and get this last section of homework done so I can get started on those. I started playing with a similar concept in preparation of the course. Choose 4 notes from each box to play over each chord.

I chord = 4 notes from box 1
IV chord = 4 notes from box 2
V chord = different set of 4 notes from box 1
etc.....

all over the "We Need To Talk Blues in F" from the jam tracks. I'll be posting up a challenge for this track once I have time to sit down and record something.

bob

Blues Newbie
mikes makes me a little jealous
wish i had orderd mine sooner went on link
sold out bummer

W

WayneW

Wish I could get started, but the first DVD in the package was damaged and I'm waiting on a replacement from Griff. :'(

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
[split] [link=http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1272590314/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]