Soloing without scales - page 82

N

N9K8p1

I can't get enough; finally something makes sense.  Your way of teaching is easy to understand and full of learning.  I am however up against a brick wall when it comes to trying to fit the dialog on page 82 with the diagrams on the same page.  The top diagram shows "C" and "D circled" on the 3rd string, frets 5 and 7; and "F boxed" and "G" on the 2nd string, frets 6 and 8 (BB1) and on the lower diagram a similar series of notes But in the form of BB2.  My problem:  The dialog says we are in the key of "C" and I can't figure out which of the dots represent the "Eb" to bend, slide or just move up to in order to acheive that major sound over the I chord.  Can you help me with this.
Hopefully once I have my head wrapped around "Soloiong without Scales" I will feel brave enough to do "Blues Guitar Unleashed".  Its been a long time since I was able to get excited about my music.  Your way of teaching gives dumbys like me hope.  Good on ya!

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
The squared notes are the flatted 3rds to bend up a half step...the book has a typo.
Just change the circle to a square in the last sentence of page 82.

This thread should be moved to the SWS section.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
The squared notes are the flatted 3rds to bend up a half step...the book has a typo.
Just change the circle to a square in the last sentence of page 82.

This thread should be moved to the SWS section.

You are correct Strato - it's the only item in the SWS Questions sticky topic:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1286316085/0#0

:cool: