Solo #3 Video Recording

Annie

On my way
Good job on that. If I ever get done with #2, I hope to get to 3 and have as much skill as you.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Good Job. One "minor" suggestion, not a criticism.

On the first lick, hitting the "C's" sounded a bit "off" to me and I wondered if you were hitting the right note.
But you played it exactly as it is written.

Griff always putts a little "flick" on those notes. I don't remember where he actually talks about it, but I guess I've
just become so used to it that when I don't here it, it sounds off.

I noticed it in your Solo #1 as well.

I made a short 2 minute demo to explain what I'm talking about.

https://www.4shared.com/video/UWwj89RCca/Solo_3.html

Again, not a criticism. This is actually something Griff suggests. I picked it up from him and to me it's become "normal".

BTW, nice "tweedlies".:sneaky:

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
I appreciate you taking the time to record a video for me. I really like those "flicks" that Griff does. I'll watch it again and give it a try. Man, thank you so much!

Dewesq55

Blues Newbie
I really love all your recordings. Your playing is so clean and for bend are spot on. I'm totally jealous. I just started this solo (3) today and can do the whole first chorus at 85% speed pretty clean. At 100% it still needs some work.

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
I really love all your recordings. Your playing is so clean and for bend are spot on. I'm totally jealous. I just started this solo (3) today and can do the whole first chorus at 85% speed pretty clean. At 100% it still needs some work.
I appreciate that! Steady as she goes man.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I particularly notice that your bends are right to pitch, that's excellent!

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Hi all. Here is my video recording of Solo #3. Half way through BGU. Bring on Solo #4!

Thank you for watching!

I used the "crunchy comp" setting on my DA5 Vox.

I like the way you pulled off those triplets to start the 2nd chorus. I'm having trouble with them.