Solo #2

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Here's my first recording of this one which I have working on for about a month. Comments welcome.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

https://soundcloud.com/alan-t-836694868/bgu-solo-2

Hey Alan, nicely done getting the solo memorized and recorded.   
You hit the strings cleanly with no unwanted backround sounds. 

Don't be discouraged with the amount of time it took to practice this solo, it is supposed to be fun !  And it took most of us that long or longer too.

If you listen more closely to the backing track as you are playing/recording, then it will sound less deliberate.   You can continue practicing this one, but you seem ready to start learning solo 3.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nice tone, and you obviously have the notes down. I think you're rushing it a bit especially at the beginning. It may just be "recording anxiety". Listen to where your notes are landing relative to the bass and drums.

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks for taking the time to listen guys. you feedback is just what I wanted.

I think the comments re listening and 'taking time' are very accurate as I'm working on a number of other solos at the moment and struggling a little to 'finish' them and this feedback will certainly help.

Cheers

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ivan

Blues Newbie
I'm with David on this one. You seemed to rush it just a touch on the start but got it back on track by the fourth measure or so. Other than that we'll done. Definitely time to move on.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks Ivan...appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Alan

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Nice work Alan.  I think the other comments were on it.  You definitely have it done, while maybe rushed in a spot or two as mentioned.  One thing I heard though, was at about 38 seconds in, you nailed a note with some beautiful sugar on it that was a fantastic sound.  I heard that a few times in this tune.  Hard to do, and sounded sweet!

Bill

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice playing Alan! You've got a really nice tone going on there! Couple more runs and you'll be sounding just like BB!

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks jmin....really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment......keeps me going on those days you can't seem to make progress.

All the very best for the new year.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Alan

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
That was good that Alan and I liked the sustain and you can tell you have the solo just where you need it. :)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Like a few have already mentioned Alan, it is a bit rushed in places but very nice all the same. I liked the subtle vibrato on some of the notes.
I totally agree with Davids comments about where the notes are landing.

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Really, really nice Alan! Yeah, maybe a tad ahead of the beat at the beginning but you settled in nicely. I think you nailed the bends & had some nice vibrato going on there as well. I enjoyed the listen.

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks (again) Steve. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment......it really helps.

Cheers

(y)

Alan

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks for listening and giving feedback.....sorry it’s taken so long to respond........life got in the way of guitar (not for the first time or the last!).

It wasn’t an attempt to get a Peter Green sound but he is one of my all time favourites.....maybe subconsciously?
(y)(y)(y)