Solo 2 w/ Budda tube overdrive

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
  Got a new toy yesterday and it's given me a severe itch to play and record. Polished up solo 2 fairly well in the process. Some parts are still easy to fumble if I'm not careful about minding the count.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/547nWwmy/SBS_Solo_2.html

I still can't mic my tube amp, but this new (to me) toy in the form of a huge twin tube (12ax7) overdrive still sounds pretty nice thru the Mustang's digitized circuitry. Used a Fender Deluxe model and 4x12C cabinet from the Fuse software and ran the guitar signal chain Danelectro PB&J Delay > Budda Zen Tone OD > Mustang amp. Usually I'd put the delay in the loop or last in the chain, but for whatever reason, sounds better in front of the O.D.
[smiley=beer.gif]

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]...good job Jon...later.

cowboy

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Nice warms that Mustang right up

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] You bet!

Think I'm going to stick with this one for another week or so until I can get thru it without using the TAB. Thanks for your comments.  [smiley=beer.gif]

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Way to go Jon,
Sorry it's been a while since I've had time to get down to these areas of the Forum. I didn't know what I was missing!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Way to go Jon,
Sorry it's been a while since I've had time to get down to these areas of the Forum. I didn't know what I was missing!  [smiley=beer.gif]

With your gig schedule, I'm not surprised you're short on spare time. Thanks for dropping in and giving the little people a nod.  :) [smiley=beer.gif]

The major/minor thing in this position isn't as fluent as I'd like it to be so I've stuck with this lesson. I really enjoy several of the licks in this example and a couple have made their way into my noodlings. Every day since posting the first recording I've sat and done half a dozen tracks. Working on keeping time, dymamics and manipulating controls and effects. Today went especially well.
  Deviations from the tab as written are deliberate.
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/luQlZdeO/SBS_Solo_2_v2.html

BBOP

Blues Newbie
Way to go Jon,
+1 & A few  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] wuda go bro!!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
I know this is a very old thread, but I was sure that I listened to this solo last week before I posted my solo2. Seems like it`s not available now. However, I really enjoyed your excellent cut on this solo Jon3B. It`s pretty tricky in measure 16 (and you did a great job), and I`m still trying to get it to sound like Griffs. That being said, the next four solos look even more daunting. I may have to trim down some measures to under 21 notes, we`ll see.