Solo 2 on Acoustic?

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
I've been working on learning Solo 2 with my acoustic guitar (haven't got an electric yet). The bends are a bit tough for me, but I'm just getting started on this guitar stuff so wondering if this is more for electric guitar. Also bars 22, 23 are a challenge playing up on fret 15, so I'm trying it with shifting to first string 10th fret to get the same notes.

I've been slowly working my way through ABGU and progress is steady but slow. Thought I'd try this solo 2 for some variety! Any thoughts or hints on doing this with acoustic are welcome.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I started with Griff on 5 Easy Blues Solos (on electric) about 4 years ago - great course! After completing several of Griff's other course (BGU being the "biggie"), I bought an acoustic and am slowly working my way through ABGU. I'm too new at acoustic to know if you can actually do FULL bends on an acoustic, but I sure can't!
Your idea of shifting strings to a lower fret for the acoustic is a good one. Frets above 12 on a non-cutaway acoustic would be really difficult. I would recommend doing 5 EBS on an electric if at all possible - so you can practice the full bends. Bending is a real staple of playing blues guitar and you're probably going to need it at some point. Good luck!

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Yes, sounds like this is one that is better done on electric. I haven't made the move to an electric guitar yet, but working those full bends on the acoustic is giving me some good motivation. I changed my strings down to an 11 on the first string and that does help a bit. I'll keep working on it as I think it is getting better.