Solo 2 Acoustic Recording

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
I set myself a goal of getting a decent version of this Solo 2 by end of August. Here's what I've put together. I used my Acoustic Electric guitar plugged into a Yamaha AG03 mini mixer that has a guitar amp simulator option so I could get a little different tone quality. This is the first time I've posted a recording, so hope I've got the technique down. Playing this solo fairly well feels like I've passed a milestone and hope to get some more tunes rolling before too long!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/r7bb7acw4vrld20/Slow Blues in A.mp3?dl=0

Let me know what you think.
Bob

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Nicely done. I enjoyed listening to that. Number 2 and number 5 are my favorite solos from this course. You've done #2 proud.

Eric

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice one, bob! 5EBS is definitely one of my favorite courses to get you going on learning blues solos. You did a great job on that one...recording and all! Keep it going!

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Thanks Leo. This one was my speed (slow)! Still took a few weeks of focused practice to get it ready. Will look for your version soon.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Jmin, yes these are good solos. When they get up past fret 15 on my acoustic with no cutout it's a bit tough. Maybe I will look at doing a little adaptation. Thanks for the encouragement.
- Bob
Nice job! Since you do not have a cutaway guitar, you might consider rearranging a piece that requires going up too high. Just bring it down to a more practical area of your instrument.

Tom

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Nice job! Since you do not have a cutaway guitar, you might consider rearranging a piece that requires going up too high. Just bring it down to a more practical area of your instrument.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I did a little rearranging on this solo 2. When it went up high on strings 2 and 3 it was relatively easy to move to strings 1 and 2. Other rearrangements may be a little more work, but part of where I'd like to go in putting my own "flavor" into these solos. Working on that will surely help my ability to create my own solos in the future.

Peter Wynne

Woke up fell outta bed drag a comb across my head
Bob - Very nice playing on that piece. Im working on solo #2 right now so you've given me encouragement to press on!
Peter

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Thanks Peter. This solo was a good one for me. It usually takes me a long time to get a piece under my fingers. I was getting frustrated with my slow progress, so getting this one pulled together helped boost my attitude. Hope you find it works for you as well!
Bob

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
That was really fun!! I believe it was Joe Bonamassa who referred to acoustic guitar as the “Kryptonite” to his playing. However you made it sound effortless with this one. Blues ON!!

BeginnerBob

Blues Newbie
Thanks Bwatts. Glad you liked it. I know that "kryptonite" feeling well! I'm working on other pieces that are still giving me some grief. I'll keep pickin' away at them.

Bob