Solo #1

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
I recorded over one of Griff's backing tracks. It sounds like the one he calls "Full Jam Track" (or something like that). There are 9 choruses in this version. This one seems like the tempo is pretty fast. I play to another one just like it but it's probably 20 BPM slower. Anyway, it took me quite some time to play it to the level of proficiency on this recording. Certainly not perfect.

I recorded 2 separate lead tracks. One panned hard left and the other panned hard right. I recorded one of them last week and I just recorded the newest. Both were done in one take. There are 4 repeats of the solo. I still need to do some work on this lead, especially lick 1, but it's getting there.

I also played rhythm. There is a kind of modified "Tore Down" rhythm. I also do a (kind of sort of) "Stormy Slide" on the vocal tracks. Yeah, I did 4 choruses of vocals. When I did the 4 choruses of lead, I wanted to break it up with something, so I threw together some lyrics. By the way, I'm no lyricist nor singer, but it is what it is.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-kent-895100572/red-white-blues-thats-my-story-and-im-stickin-with-it

That’s pretty creative the way you made your own song out of this solo. It is a versatile set of licks, easy to transpose to other keys. It will be interesting to see what else you do with it as time goes by. Sounds like you have it down pretty well !

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
Thanks WIT. That one rocks. I'll probably do a video at some point. I want to get it a little tighter before I do.