Solo 1- Basic Blues in Bb

SeattleSlim

Blues Newbie
The things I am working on:
keeping it clean, muting out unwanted noise and extra strings
Bends, bends, bends
Timing --- down beats OK, but the half beat rests are tricky.
pull offs --

and everything else...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/XyAeYoZL/Solo_1_Blues_in_Bb.html

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Great job! I thought the timing was really good and the tone was perfect. In my opinion, the bends are the only thing left that still need some attention. Everyone else is right on.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Nicely done Wally.  I'm working on the same techniques as well so I appreciate the effort you put into it.  On the bend & mutes I think you did a really nice job of letting the note resonate a bit before muting it.  I tend to mute the bend a bit too quickly in those instances.  Great job!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job Wally. Yep the bends need a tiny bit of work, but they are close. As to the timing, it just seemed to me like you were putting your own spin in a few places. It's all good brother.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I agree - it's all good; your making progress.  What is your practice strategy for the bends?

Now it's just a matter of continuing to build up your finger strength through daily practice and refining your technique.

:cool:

SeattleSlim

Blues Newbie
Going back to basics and trying things anew. I have really been playing more hookey from SWS and BGU lessons, than doing the work. None the less, I feel like I've made some progress. I need to break through to another higher plateau.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/wYDoPL9a/SWS_Solo_1_Blues_in_Bb_v2.html

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Great job extending the solo Wally. Your work on the extra stuff sounded better than the original solo. (Not a knock on Griff's creation of the solo at all, it's just that Wally you have progressed past that).

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Doug, you may want to PM Wally directly. he recorded this a LONG time ago so he may not follow this thread any more. He also may not remember how he recorded it.  ;D