Snappy in A Sharp - Complete

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks for the kind words folks.
Nothing special here, just messing around with alternate amp mic techniques.

Elwood,
Very tasty playing and nice tone.
(y)

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Cap'n M!!! I had a hard time not getting lost on the fretboard with this one. A# eh? Shoulda done Bb. :D

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Excellent playing jmin.(y) I would have liked it a bit louder in the mix though. My old ears aren't what they once were.;)

jmin

Student Of The Blues
..... My old ears aren't what they once were.;)
Thanks MM! Unfortunately mine are...and they've been poor since I was in my 20's, and getting worse! I never know what "normal" people are hearing and I have very little confidence in my "mixing" ears. Thanks for the feedback!

(I'll try to fix it)

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks MM! Unfortunately mine are...and they've been poor since I was in my 20's, and getting worse! I never know what "normal" people are hearing and I have very little confidence in my "mixing" ears. Thanks for the feedback!

(I'll try to fix it)
Sounded good! It sounded like perhaps you had your guitar panned heavily to the left channel. I compared the two channels and saw quite a difference in your guitar levels. I think it if the guitar was dead-center, it would be plenty loud enough for the mix.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Ooops! Hey, it's been awhile...I gotta go back and look at that (again...I just turned up the heat, but didn't check the pan! :()
I will get this fixed...maybe.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Oh man, you guys are just way too kind!
Excellent Jmin! 55 seconds was not enough. We needed more of that.
Ted, you just gave me a memorable VJR BGU "flashback" (and I don't even do acid!)... when I first tried the VJR (about 8 years ago?) a great BGU VJR player (RR) said something similar to me, and I remember coming up with the clever quip: "my agent always told me to leave 'em wantin' more." Not sure where that quote came from, but thanks Ted, and @RR (wherever he may be) it was (and still is!) very inspirational to me! Thanks for the feedback!