Snapping strings

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Impossible! :cool: John is just a kid! :):Beer:

Tom

Yeah, I'm only 61 for cryin' out loud!

Yes, putting on socks may produce grunting noises and bending down to pick something up may require careful planning and execution (which partially explains the dozens of picks laying on various floors throughout the house).

But the fingers are fine and if I actually played more than once every week and a half or more, I think I might even pass for a low-level shredder! :D

(But first I need to get more picks) :(

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Perhaps the problem with picks can be solved with something like a three foot dowel, with a piece of used chewing gum at one end, to pick up those picks off of the floor? :cool::):Beer:

Tom

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I’ve only broken 3 strings. The first was when I first got my acoustic guitar. I was trying to match the B string to the 4th fret of the G string and didn’t know, from newbie ignorance, that I was already about two octaves too high. The second time was on my Strat copy and the G string snapped because there was a burr on the bridge saddle. The third time was on my bass during a gig. Yes, my bass. I don’t know what happed but I had to switch to my backup bass.

Eric