Smooth C minor - Complete

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Finished off the first run through the complete form. (1:40-2:12)

So the next person can start at the beginning. :)

May come back for a full go around after everybody else is done.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8ayg1ikgergn7z9/Smooth Cm-TZ-P1.mp3?dl=0
Loved that delay you had going there! Excellent job and you definitely need to come back for seconds. By the way, my wife tells me frequently that I am not good at finishing projects around the house, so it should come as no surprise that I stopped playing in the middle of the progression:p.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
...no surprise that I stopped playing in the middle of the progression.

It's understandable. It's quite a long form.

And (for anyone interested)....

The first 24 bars repeat (A B - A B), so one might logically think they will continue to do so.

However, there's a bridge (C) between every two 24 bar (A B) sections.

I crossed that bridge when I came to it. :sneaky:

A:
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G

B:
Fm / G / Eb / Fm
D dim / G / Cm / Cm

A:
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G

B:
Fm / G / Eb / Fm
D dim / G / Cm / Cm

(Take me to the bridge already.:whistle:)

C:
Ab / Ab / Bb / Bb
Fm / Fm / G / G
Ab / Ab / Bb / Bb
Fm / Fm / G / G

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
It's understandable. It's quite a long form.

And (for anyone interested)....

The first 24 bars repeat (A B - A B), so one might logically think they will continue to do so.

However, there's a bridge (C) between every two 24 bar (A B) sections.

I crossed that bridge when I came to it. :sneaky:

A:
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G

B:
Fm / G / Eb / Fm
D dim / G / Cm / Cm

A:
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G
Cm / Bb / Ab / G

B:
Fm / G / Eb / Fm
D dim / G / Cm / Cm

(Take me to the bridge already.:whistle:)

C:
Ab / Ab / Bb / Bb
Fm / Fm / G / G
Ab / Ab / Bb / Bb
Fm / Fm / G / G

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. I just threw the track into reaper and played the C minor pentatonic. If I had known the track was this involved, I would have probably just skipped on by it.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I just threw the track into reaper and played the C minor pentatonic.

It's not really all that "involved" just because there are 7 different chords.

They are all in the Key of C minor. (Except what would "normally" be Gm is raised to G Major.)

So the C minor pentatonic (or natural minor) works just fine.

Except for that G chord. Hmmmm..... o_O

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Wow! This tune just screams DRAMA! Excellent job by all. Now let's see if I can screw up the ending.

***RECORDING IN PROCESS!***

OK. It's dead, Jim (and TZ, Paleo, Many Moons, artyman, and MikeS)!

@MikeS, your out time is listed as 9:41, but I didn't hear anything past about 9:20, so I chimed in where I heard your last portion and listened again before uploading. I don't think I stepped on you, but if I did, my apologies.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/Smooth Cm-TZ-PL-MM-arty-MS-PR.mp3

Last edited:

MarcV

Blues Junior
TZ: your killing me with the chord changes. There's are reason the 90% of all songs are the 12 bar form :love:
I basically used Cm, Bb, Ab, and G pentatonic and had no idea most of the time what chord I was playing to. I think I ended at end of form but not sure...
Enjoy.
Have not listened to earlier one but Paleo great job on this round.
Took it to 4:20

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oah1y87wfu816mj/Smooth CM-Paleo(TZ)-MV .mp3?dl=0

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
I am beat, this is all I got. :sleep:

Mira again, (it's so light and fun...it hasn't even been on a wall hanger yet, sits right here beside the amp. :)

4:20 - 5:52 https://dl.dropbox.com/s/l7v293d3swolue3/smooth2cm-po-mv-ew-.mp3?dl=0

Thanks Paleo, for putting a bit more time on the clock with this one! :thumbup: All you guys right from Tz on have been sounding so good here, I really wanted to chime in. (y)

This is a fine track @Ted_Zeppelin !!! :thumbup: I listened to this and it's like a score for a movie or something. I see how @Paleo got hooked on this one, maybe some of the best I have heard from you too Paleo! (y)(y)(y) TZ, you start this off so nicely, :thumbup: we got to hear @Many Moons again, :Beer: and @PapaRaptor just did one of those "how in the world did he do that?" :Beer: pieces, those and all the other sweet lines from Arty and MikeS, MarcV...Yes!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer:

I have to admit I just "white caned" it though what I did. I saw the chords kindly posted, once I got past Cm I got confused and winged it. :whistle: I just can't think through these like you guys.

I did get hit with the "dummy dart" again! I recorded right where Marc did...I thought the track was idle and I would get away with it, wrong! It worked out good though (and I sure had it coming!). I had run through the earlier piece of this several times and had kind of a feel for how it moves. When I started again later in the progression it really didn't hamper me that much since I didn't get on to the progression anyway! Works for me.

This is just a fine way to spend my 1000th post. Playing in the VJR with all you guys!!! :Beer:

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
I just can't think through these like you guys.
Neither can I Elwood, I winged it as well.:) (I just disguised it well):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That was some sweet playing Elwood, so just keep on doing what you're doing, you followed Paleo and Marvs' excellent contributions seamlessly and beautifully.(y)(y)(y)

Last edited: