sloslunas has left the building

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I can't say for sure.
I do know that one of his recent posts was deleted and that didn't sit well with him.
I think that was the trigger, I can't speak for him, I'm just the messenger.

Last edited:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Sad to hear. I think I briefly saw some comment about the new White House regime last week that seems to have disappeared. Maybe a review is due on what exactly is determined to be a a personal 'political' view and what could be considered a general comment on the state of the World. We are all grown ups, and while we don't want to go down the road of some of the more extreme social media out there, I have never seem anything on here, removed or otherwise, that could be classified as offensive to other members. My last song is still on this site and that was quite political in some ways?

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Well that sucks.

I only met him once at Glens Falls and I liked him immediately.
Just about every morning there at the hotel, I would come downstairs early in the AM for coffee and we'd end up talking about many things.
He's got an agile mind, a great sense of humor and a lot to say about many things.
He's an observer and not afraid to point out what he sees in people or in life and though sometimes his observations may be off-putting to some, or perceived as controversial I don't believe there's ever any malicious intent but sometimes people may see it that way and take exception.

I know that feeling and if it happens often enough it can lead to a sort of "I give up" kind of reaction.

Sometimes you need to walk away from things for a while. Perhaps he will be back or perhaps not. But I do think it it would be our loss if he stayed away.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I have suffered not an iota from anything you have said Steve.
I hope I haven't offended you either.
That being said, could you at least check in now and then to let us know how the boyz are doing? shrug-smiley.png

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
What a shame. He was a good guy, interesting too! The USA-world is in a tizzy these days with some rejoicing with a new-found voice and others lamenting that they lost theirs. Again, those are their opinions. Anyway, I hope he eventually comes back and regales us with stories of his dogs.

A former co-workers ( I retired 01/01/21.....yay for me) just got an adorable female 8-week old puppy...17 lbs.......English Mastiff......should top out at about 150 lbs........DAMN, that is a lot of DOG!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sad to hear. I think I briefly saw some comment about the new White House regime last week that seems to have disappeared. Maybe a review is due on what exactly is determined to be a a personal 'political' view and what could be considered a general comment on the state of the World. We are all grown ups, and while we don't want to go down the road of some of the more extreme social media out there, I have never seem anything on here, removed or otherwise, that could be classified as offensive to other members. My last song is still on this site and that was quite political in some ways?

I'm sure the political comment being deleted was why he left.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Steve "leaves" or "will not be attending any more BGU Live events" at least once a year. He seems to be very emotional about some things, but gets over it. So far has missed the forum enough to always come back.
To Steve, If you get to read this: You know we love you and don't want you to leave.

As to reviewing what should or should not be "determined to be political" or any of the other reasons for a post to be delete... Uh, no.

We have been doing this for 10 years , we have Griff's full support to " just delete " posts we feel might start a flame war. So far we've been pretty successful at it. Trust me it's worth a few ruffled feathers.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Admittedly, I saw the post title and, in these weird times, my heart dropped. My wife got a call from her BFF this morning telling her that one of her (the BFF's) childhood friends has been in the ICU for a couple of weeks battling covid and succumbed this morning. That was my frame of mind when I saw the title.

If Steve has truly left, I wish him godspeed and will miss him. And his dogs. I always loved seeing and hearing about his pups. If he chooses to return in the future, I will be grateful to see him again.

We have been doing this for 10 years , we have Griff's full support to " just delete " posts we feel might start a flame war. So far we've been pretty successful at it. Trust me it's worth a few ruffled feathers.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am grateful that y'all run the forum the way that you do. It helps us to all stay friends, and, at least for me, is a welcome respite from the internet at large.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am grateful that y'all run the forum the way that you do. It helps us to all stay friends, and, at least for me, is a welcome respite from the internet at large.

Agree!

No one loves to argue topical subjects more than me but there's a time and place for that and I'm glad this isn't the place.

It's nice that I can come here and know that it's just about music, gear, learning to be a better player and the camaraderie that makes it enjoyable.

I've had enough reality lately.