Sitting Easy Blues

wgabree

Blues Newbie
...pardon the line noise (didn't want to redo the take  :p

[media]http://waynegabree.com/bbg/sitting-easy-blues.mp3[/media]

Spencer

Blues Newbie
All I can say is... Damn Wayne!!! You are good! I think it's really cool that an experienced player would go back and work on these things. It's nice to hear them played the way they should be. We should let all the other BBG players know that you have been playing for a long time. We don't want anyone else to get discouraged from posting because it's no where close to this. So I guess at the pace you're going we can expect to hear solos 1-6 from BGU by the end of the night? Good work man!  

wgabree

Blues Newbie
LOL - actually, I'm calling it a night!  I'll make sure to advertise that I've played for 33 years.

I'm trying to set a good example - the greats always go back to basics and improve them.  I'm learning a lot this time around.

-Wayne

J

jhagan421

Really smooth wayne.  I like that you have added a backing track.
Great job.

ChazInFlint

They call it the Blues, but I can't stop smiling!
Have you tried the Audacity noise removal tool under "effects". I get a peculiar hum when I connect my amp (Peavey Vyper 15) directly. You just sample a couple of seconds of silence (with the hum) at the beginning and the software removes it throughout the recording. As well as it works though I usually just stick a mike in front of my amp and record that way because I can't figure out how to record it and hear it at the same time the other way. Still learning the software myself, so it's probably something I'm doing wrong.

I love Audacity and playing to the backing tracks. Being able to set loops to repeat measures and change the tempo without changing the pitch is such a help...sooner or later I'll record a version that I'm not too embarrassed to share.