Shuffle in A (playing two guitar parts)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK... Your timing is solid, but I noticed on the IV, in almost every chorus, you came in ahead of the beat. On the first two choruses, you stayed ahead of it. Your ringing strums on the V are precisely on beat and it sounds like that's exactly where you want them (and where they should be with a ringing strum).
My suggestion would be, when you think you should strum (on the IV), wait a tiny bit and then strum.
You are solid and consistent, so you clearly have the timing down, just let the beat get slightly ahead of you.

JeffreyS

You are never to old to learn something new.
OK... Your timing is solid, but I noticed on the IV, in almost every chorus, you came in ahead of the beat. On the first two choruses, you stayed ahead of it. Your ringing strums on the V are precisely on beat and it sounds like that's exactly where you want them (and where they should be with a ringing strum).
My suggestion would be, when you think you should strum (on the IV), wait a tiny bit and then strum.
You are solid and consistent, so you clearly have the timing down, just let the beat get slightly ahead of you.
Thank you I'll do that.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Papa nailed it with lots of detail and suggestions.
My take was more simple, I would say it needs to be tightened up some.
This is not technical advise but, feel the rhythm.
What I'm saying is close your eyes and listen more.

JeffreyS

You are never to old to learn something new.
Papa nailed it with lots of detail and suggestions.
My take was more simple, I would say it needs to be tightened up some.
This is not technical advise but, feel the rhythm.
What I'm saying is close your eyes and listen more.

Thanks for the feedback. My problem is I am so rhythmically challenged that I can not listen to something I have reordered and have even the foggiest notion if it is in time or not.

Kommetjie

Blues Newbie
You're drummer is tight, lock into him/her . . .

bass snare bass snare
bass on 1 and 3
snare on 2 and 4