Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

oneLOCOman

Blues Newbie
My new $139.00 wonder.
View attachment 5944
The pic doesn't do it justice. It looks gorgeous, and plays beautifully. It really does. It is a Firefly selling on Amazon and come and go there. Amazing value for the buck!
I just bought one today. Been watching these. They where out of stock for awhile but I had to wait for an excuse to get one, I just got a couple of humbuckers and a harness to sup up another guitar. It will arrive Wednesday on my bday. Got the blue one too, but the red one was nice looking took a minute to decide.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Glad to see they are available again! If yours is a nice as mine, you scored a killing! I put locking tuners and a roller bridge on mine, and the last upgrade for my Bigsby B5 will be here tomorrow, should have the Bigsby on it by Sunday.

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
This new setup was designed via much of the dialog and suggestions from my blues brothers here on the forum. MarkDyson, take note of the PolyTune3 with Buffer and the the Donner Boost Killer moved to the end of the chain for clean boost. And Rancid Rumpboogie note the Mooer Blues Mood you mentioned as a Boss Blues Driver mini alternative with the TS in front for added gain. I tried several Wah's at the local GC all linked together to play and compared each and the Cry Baby Classic ended up being the winner with the sweet sound and tone sweep the others just didn't have. The more modern ones seem to be a little more nasally sounding with a higher pitch in tone at the top end. The Classic sounds jut right for a wah at least for what I'm wanting in one. Thanks all, this forum truly is a great community.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Slughand, I think that if you were to squeeze those pedals closer together, you could make room for an Xvive Sweet Leo pedal right after the Blues Mood, and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND doing so!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
In my quest for being in a happy place that doesn't rely on pedals, this morning I pared down the Holey Board to what I see as bare essentials for what I play:

holey board 11 sep 2018.jpg

In fact, all three are optional: the tuner could be replaced by a clip-on (which have come of age to be gig-worthy), I don't play any solos yet, and I've yet to use the drum/bass backing at an open mic.

I do intend to start adding some backing to my playing out (and the looper is useful for a solo act), and when I start some soloing stuff there's really only need for one "lead tone" and the Dude delivers that in abundance so stacking OD pedals is overkill (for me). I like a tuner that's powered so there's no chance of the little watch battery in the clip-on dying on me, and the buffer is a good thing to have because the TRIO+ is a digital pedal.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Two added bonus points for the TRIO+: it has headphones out so silent practicing is practical and, with an adapter, you can plug an MP3 player (or computer, or whatever) into the FX return jack for an aux in to play along with backing tracks. You don't have to use the built-in drum/bass stuff if you'd rather use an existing track.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
My latest build, a Fano guitars Alt de Facto SP6 homage. The original name "Alt De Facto" is pig latin for "alternate reality". I decided to name mine "Alt de Fano" :}
Sarted from an Epiphone LP Jr from CL (cheaper than buying mahognay) and about a year worth of on and off work. The light relicing is unintentional, but nobody has to know :)
GFS P90 in the neck and GFS "fatbody" tele pickup in the bridge.

IMG_20180911_110036.jpg upload_2018-9-11_13-0-24.png

Last edited:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Luas Special Bass.jpg
And here is my previous build, the Lucas Special bass. So named because my 20 year old don Lucas took a chance on an internet sale and bought me a $52 Ammoon bass kit for Christmas. The bass kit provided "good bones" and I had fun with it.
I changed the pots and rewired the kit for Volume / Blend / Tone as I'm not a fan of the V/V/T wiring of the regular Jazz bass. The cheap chinese pickups are actually pretty similar to the low output fender classics and I didn't even replace them. the pickup cover and ashtray did not come with the kit, but were a handful of dollars on Amazon. The relic'ing is intentional on this one. I have been taking this bass to most gigs or jams, so it's now my "main" bass.

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
IMG_0152 (1).jpg
My new goto set up. Just put the Bigsby on my Epi Les Paul and am quite enjoying it. Love the new Quilter MicroPro Mach 2. In the past I was a confirmed tube amp guy, but now the Quilter has made me a believer [guess that's why my Nace Pro-18 is for sale]. Love the new amp and Livemaster effects.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
VERY nice set up CVTOT! Quilter amps not only sound great, they have probably the best support in the business. There are testimonials in the Quilter Owners Group on Facebook of Quilter fixing or replacing amps even after their warranty has expired. That is the same amp I have, and it has relegated my three tube amps to dust-collector status.

Rick918

Blues Newbie
Here is my gear and music room. The white squire was the guitar I selected to try and see if I would still be interested in playing after my 30 yr break. Picked up the little Marshall used. The Boss me-25 was a trade deal from a guy at work.

I told myself that I wouldn't buy anything else untill I stuck with playing for I year.

I made it 6 months and bought the Strat and Rolland Blues Cube.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Sounds like you're hooked again Rick. Your photos didn't post so we'll have to wait to see what you've got. New gear is always worth the wait (if you can stand it).