Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Just a thought... Why not make it removable? That way it can be your pedal board too.

The more I ponder that, the better I like it. Gotta work on an attachment scheme that holds it securely but allows for quick-n-easy removal. Maybe something similar to guitar case clasps. Hmm....

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
I played it for an hour and a half after putting the Disnortion in the mix and am in love with this little board! It will definitely do everything I will ever need it to do at a jam! Provided I don't go ape-crazy with the gain and need a noise suppressor, which I just don't do except VERY rarely! With the fuzz character rotary knob in the "None" position, I have three levels of full-range very "Fendery" sounding OD by using either of the first two pedals or stacking them. Flip the rotary knob to "Mid boost" and I have a great Fendery OD using the Tube Squasher, or a nice TS808 flavor using the Disnortion, or a more-gain TS808 by stacking them. Turn the first two off and kick the Golden Brownie on and I am in Marshall classic rock territory. Then kick on the Disnortion in TS808 mode and I have a tube screamer into a Marshall. All three pedals on gets into "crazy land". An added nuance is with the rotary knob in the third notch called "Carlos", with or without the Tube Squasher, I then have two levels of "Santana" … except that I can't play like Santana fer crap.

That sounds like messing with too many knobs and switches on the floor during a gig to me, I'd rather just have them set and turn on/off what I need without having to adjust anything between songs.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
That sounds like messing with too many knobs and switches on the floor during a gig to me, I'd rather just have them set and turn on/off what I need without having to adjust anything between songs.

Which idea are you referring to? Me be confuse. :confused:

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
That has all changed since I took the Distnortion pedal off the board. Now the only knob I would ever change is the "Growl" knob on the Sweet Leo. And that would only be between songs.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Mark, no video or audio from last night? I was really looking forward to it.

:(

I failed (again) to arrange anything. Mea Culpa, still new at all this. I'll get my act in gear soon, promise.

Won't be at the next two Thursday nights as I'll be in guitar camp in Monterey. All of those open mics will be professionally recorded so (eventually, when they get done with the edits) I'll have at least 3-4 good (well, good in terms of production values) videos of me on the 339.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
So, dialing in the Nace where I like it is one thing, prepping to fly out to Monterey for a week is another. Time to shift my focus to a literal "fly rig" that I can stash in the suitcase. This is what I'm looking at thus far:

fly rig 11 aug 2018.jpg

My main issue with just the FR5 is I want to use one of my battery packs with it and, if I'm going to have to come up with some tidy way to wrap them both into a single package, I decided I might as well just use my smallest Nano board and live with the slightly-larger footprint. That decision opened up a little extra real estate so, why not? Added two of my go-to minis. The battery pack has a wide variety of outputs ranging from 9V to 18V, including a 12V out for the FR5, and delivers more than enough amperage to drive 3-4 times what I have on there for several hours.

For testing this will be driving my Headrush FRFR powered cab. At the venue I'll just plug into the house PA.

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Squire Vintage 70's Modified Strat.
You gotta love those Squier VM axes! I picked up a VM Thinline Tele from GC on the used rack a couple of months ago, took it home and set it up proper, and it's a fun little guitar to play. And is that a TO800 pedal I see sitting in front of the amp? You might not think it looks fancy, but looks like you've got a killer blues rig to me, amigo! :thumbup:

oneLOCOman

Blues Newbie
And is that a TO800 pedal I see sitting in front of the amp?
Yup. Got 4 more Berringer pedals, for the price ya cant bet 'em. Got a $50 coupon and another 20% off coupon in my email from GC after I bought the Squire and used it to buy the pedals. I only had my amp volume up about a 1/4 and my guitar volume on 3 this morning (the wife was mowing the lawn) I was practicing as usual, anyways popped my pedal on and man it was freaking cranking. Now I know what's wrong with my hammerons and pulloffs. Its gotta be cranking some.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Okay, I doan think I can make this any smaller than it is. Grab and go with amp and everything built in; just plug into a PA and off yer go.

fly_rig_15ug2018.jpg