Show us pictures of your recording Rooms

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Great to see everyones ManCaves.:) Although we should have made Moto post his pics last!! Impressive!! It's a bit like Ted Zeppelin starting something in the VJR, no one wants to follow in case they embarrass themselves!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Some great use of space in these caves. (and some pretty large caves too):eek:

Here's mine:- The two computers to the right are old ones I used for photography, and are now just dust magnets. Once I make my 'final' decision to officially retire, I'll do some serious rearranging, and maybe even do a 'Moto' on my picture framing room in the roof space. (if funds permit):) It's a basic setup. Guitar & Mic into Focusrite Clarett4PreUSB, then into my 10 yr old macPro where I use LogicProX.
View attachment 9628

View attachment 9629
Looks like you've got enough space to do what you need to.
I've seen your pic of the Photography workshop and that would be one hell of a space.
You could bring the entire Rickety band in there:sneaky:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I think I need a computer in there---every body else has at least one (The one I am on now is MAMA's).; which brings me to a question---Do you have to have a server to use a computer for nothing but my recorder----it has an Audio interface:controller built into it?
Dave,
To hook up your Zoom for computer recording all you need is a computer with USB connection and...........
Some sort of DAW software (like Audacity) or the Cubase that came free with the Zoom.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Dave,
To hook up your Zoom for computer recording all you need is a computer with USB connection and...........
Some sort of DAW software (like Audacity) or the Cubase that came free with the Zoom.
I fired the R-16 up today---some differences between it and the R-24---but it does record I know that---My son bought me a laptop for Christmas
should be here anyday....I am going to do you a GREAT FAVOR---I am going to start with Audass-ity :) 1st,--- other wise I will be wearing you out with questions if I get the one you use...being frozen in for the next 5 months I figure you will come out with a ton of new songs by the time good weather rolls around and not need me interfering, That don't mean I won't. Later

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
P.S. I learned something today----Channels 1-3-5-7 go to the left stereo---2-4-6-8 go to the right stereo---I always recorded on MONO--and I think that is why on a lot of my recordings I lost somethings like add ins---like if I recorded something on channels 5- 6-7-8 it would only pick up
5 and 7 plus------ 2-4-6-8 are designated LOW Z inputs (Mics) but you can flip a switch that will allow you to use HI-Z inputs. except on channel 6 -------1-3-5-7 are designated for HI-Z inputs- Not positive if I am right or not but I think that is what was going on. In the future I will be recording in stereo---I will know then when I download something....Later

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I fired the R-16 up today---some differences between it and the R-24---but it does record I know that---My son bought me a laptop for Christmas
should be here anyday....I am going to do you a GREAT FAVOR---I am going to start with Audass-ity :) 1st,--- other wise I will be wearing you out with questions if I get the one you use...being frozen in for the next 5 months I figure you will come out with a ton of new songs by the time good weather rolls around and not need me interfering, That don't mean I won't. Later
Hey Dave,
I'll send you a message on this.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Cool!
Ted's corner.....I like it:)

Is that a carbon fiber acoustic I see there?

It’s an Ovation Elite acoustic. I don’t play acoustic often but it’s fun to pluck around on it every now and then. I got it because I really liked the feel of the neck. Not as big and clunky as a lot of the acoustics I had tried.

aleclee

Tribe of One
For a long time, the basement was my main music area. After my kid was born and I turned to the digital dark side, I started annexing the living room. My wife gave consent to the annexation with the understanding that she would have veto authority on furnishings. Consequently, my rack desk (the right pedestal has ~15 rack spaces + 2U under the iMac) got a finish that pretty well matched the rosewood on the piano. I do still keep a good bit of music gear in the basement. :p

0613505b252ab32ef39b97a0cc29baa7.JPG

e38c87c4801a5a23493f2446642da3a3.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
For a long time, the basement was my main music area. After my kid was born and I turned to the digital dark side, I started annexing the living room. My wife gave consent to the annexation with the understanding that she would have veto authority on furnishings. Consequently, my rack desk (the right pedestal has ~15 rack spaces + 2U under the iMac) got a finish that pretty well matched the rosewood on the piano. I do still keep a good bit of music gear in the basement. :p

0613505b252ab32ef39b97a0cc29baa7.JPG

e38c87c4801a5a23493f2446642da3a3.jpg
Great space!
Nice carpentry (y)

What's in your rack and under the mac?

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Nice recording / playing area. I'm curious what songs are the notes on the wal from? They look cool!

Facing wall, top is Whole Lotta Love, bottom is Stairway to Heaven. Side wall, top Layla, bottom Crossroads (Cream live version).

I dig the VOX booth--your carpentery skills could be used over here helping me rebuild my deck.:rolleyes:

Built about 400 square meters of decking over the past 8 years, like you, I have a steep plot. Don't think my forearms ever recovered fully as I used screws , thousands of them :confused: