Shakin' all Over cover

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Wait, you're serious about the leather pants?
Yeah, I am very very positive, he was wearing leather pants. It was the jam that I brought my white Ibanez Jem too, he ended up playing it, had gotten there late

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Great job. It looks like you on 2 guitars and bass, Denard on vocals. Who programmed the drums? How did you put it all together?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Great job. It looks like you on 2 guitars and bass, Denard on vocals. Who programmed the drums? How did you put it all together?

I have a JamKazam account where you can get multi-track backing tracks, so I basically isolated the drums, then created the videos and audio tracks of my own rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and bass in place of the originals. JamKazam also let's you create a click track to overlay, so I used that to synch up the videos visually using the waveforms.

Once the videos all synced up I muted them all in my video editing software and dropped in the final mix bounced from Pro Tools.

Since getting the workflow pinned down a couple years ago I've gotten to the point that I can put them together pretty quickly now.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Yeah, I am very very positive, he was wearing leather pants. It was the jam that I brought my white Ibanez Jem too, he ended up playing it, had gotten there late

I remember that one but I don't think that was him. My wife does tell me that I don't pay attention to details very well but you would think I would remember leather pants!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have a JamKazam account where you can get multi-track backing tracks, so I basically isolated the drums, then created the videos and audio tracks of my own rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and bass in place of the originals. JamKazam also let's you create a click track to overlay, so I used that to synch up the videos visually using the waveforms.

Once the videos all synced up I muted them all in my video editing software and dropped in the final mix bounced from Pro Tools.

Since getting the workflow pinned down a couple years ago I've gotten to the point that I can put them together pretty quickly now.
I gave up on JamKazam several times. I never tried using their backing tracks. Wouldn't even know where to start with video editing...

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I gave up on JamKazam several times. I never tried using their backing tracks. Wouldn't even know where to start with video editing...

JamKazam really doesn't have the most intuitive interface around but I was really happy to have found their backing tracks, which are usually quite good -- and most are multitrack. The video editing is something I've been doing for years for work, so the learning curve for synchronized multiframe videos was fortunately not too difficult.

Last edited: