Second Thoughts

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Another silly song
Cornfield- if I am interpreting the data from youtube right, that is you doing the song. Very witty, and nice, simple instrumentation.

Also that's quite an array of instruments that you list. Just wondering why the preference tenor uke.

Cornfield

Blues Newbie
Cornfield- if I am interpreting the data from youtube right, that is you doing the song. Very witty, and nice, simple instrumentation.

Also that's quite an array of instruments that you list. Just wondering why the preference tenor uke.

yes, I multitracked that one. That takes more effort than I usually put into things. I suffer from a medical term known as “Laziness”. I am currently selling the Blueridge guitar but I added a ‘37 Martin Bone.
I’ve had concert and soprano uses, tenor guitars and mandolins but find the narrower string spacing difficult.
My instrument list also includes a couple antique pump organs, autoharp and a cornet.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The Magic Fluke company got started in my home town of New Hartford CT. I was on the Planning and Zoning Commission at the time and the property they wanted to use was prior to zoning. And considered "pre-existing nonconforming" so we couldn't do anything to stop it (which I didn't want to anyway)

It seems they have moved up the road to Sheffield MA. Their initial focus was on low cost manufacturing technologies such as one piece molded fret boards including the frets.

Watched some videos and it looks they are branching out into more high end offerings and also doing mandolins, banjos, fiddles and basses

https://www.magicfluke.com/

Cornfield

Blues Newbie
The Magic Fluke company got started in my home town of New Hartford CT. I was on the Planning and Zoning Commission at the time and the property they wanted to use was prior to zoning. And considered "pre-existing nonconforming" so we couldn't do anything to stop it (which I didn't want to anyway)

It seems they have moved up the road to Sheffield MA. Their initial focus was on low cost manufacturing technologies such as one piece molded fret boards including the frets.

Watched some videos and it looks they are branching out into more high end offerings and also doing mandolins, banjos, fiddles and basses

https://www.magicfluke.com/

the Fluke is an all thermoplastic instrument that has “decent” sound. It also has a flat bottom. It sits on my desk so that I can quickly pick it up to work out chords and melodies. The construction is such that it is not bothered by humidity. I took one with me when we went to Australia. Very resilient. A great travel instrument. I use Worth Clear strings on it and it is tuned GCEA.

upload_2021-1-16_7-46-51.jpeg

david moon

Attempting the Blues
well, the neck and top are wood, I think.

How are the strings anchored to the bridge? They just seem to disappear.

I was kind of interested in the bass. Very short scale 21.5 inches, and fretless, although frets are an option.

Link