Second Intro

PeterTownsend

Blues Newbie
Hi, my name is Peter, and this is my second introduction because the first was over a year ago. I haven't had anything to say as I haven't done much since then. I treated myself to a Ibanez Artcore Hollowbody that sounded great and felt good to play. The guy that sold it to me was so unimpressed with my playing that he asked me several times if I really wanted the guitar. I got the point but wanted the guitar as I had big plans for myself.
I got sidetracked with the Climate Crisis when I found out it was real and imminent, unless we took the matter into our own hands. I created a slide presentation and sent it to everyone I could think of and a few more. Didn't get much response but will continue. I just came back to the guitar as I'm learning to play Sultans of Swing and really appreciated how well it's written. Although my playing hasn't improved much I've watched every video and email that Griff sent out, so I can understand more than I can use.
I finally retired last October and at 76 think it's time to enjoy myself. Today I got back in the saddle, tomorrow I start to ride again.
Cheers
Peter

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Welcome back Peter.

What are your goals? How much experience do you have with the guitar? I am sure that forum members can point you in the direction needed to help you attain what you are interested in accomplishing.

Do you have any of Griff's courses? If so, what do you have?

I find retirement most enjoyable, and I have been playing musical instruments since I was 6, and guitar since I was 10. It is enjoyable to not have to answer to "the man", you know, those idiots that run the world and it's many little parts! :)

Tom