sbs-solo5

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Hey Bluesmadd - you're really cranking through these solos, 4 and 5 now!
Well done - the more times through them, the more and more fluid they will become too, just like anything else.
Keep going! Getting through this course is no small accomplishment IMO. Looking forward to more!
Tom

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Hey Bluesmadd - you're really cranking through these solos, 4 and 5 now!
Well done - the more times through them, the more and more fluid they will become too, just like anything else.
Keep going! Getting through this course is no small accomplishment IMO. Looking forward to more!
Tom
Thanks Tom, that's great encouragement. Yes, I'm a firm believer in plowing ahead in the learning curve even though I don't have it 'perfect'. Kinda part of the 80/20 rule. I've already had a few runs through solo 6 and it's daunting at first. I go back and listen to your recording for inspiration. Listening to Griff's makes me weep, i.e. I think it will take 20 years of this to get as smooth as his picking and timing.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I was in awe the first time I heard Griff play that solo 6. It represented somewhat of an ultimate goal to accomplish for me. After I had been practicing it and had it memorized, I watched the video of him playing it for the first time. My awe turned to utter amazement at how effortless it is for him to play like that. I can only dream. I will need to play that solo a few more thousand times (at least) in order to get to the next level of performance.
But, it's a task I'm willing to take on!!!
You'll be there in no time!
Tom

bluesmadd

Funk the Blues
Tom, you're right, 20 years feels like 'no time' these days. Good grief. Truth be told, my beautiful wife is away this week visiting family, so I was able to sneak in a little extra practice time. However, like you have written, if I can get even reasonably close to the level Griff is on, before leaving this planet, is a dream, but I'm willing to go for it too!
Warren

jmin

Student Of The Blues
bluesmadd, that was AWESOME!!! Any warts are awfully small and not noticeable! I even LIKED the church reverb (but I was raised on reverb)! Apparently your prayers were answered because that was a great solo! And I think you're a LOT closer to being "reasonably close to Griff..." than you realize. GREAT playing!!(y)