SBS Solo 1

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
I'm really getting a lot out of this course. Starting to feel real comfortable playing major or minor in either direction from each root.  Alternating the 2 from measure to measure is not completely ingrained but it's coming along.  Here's Solo 1 which is in my comfort zone of box 1 & 2.  A wart here or there, but ok, I think.  The backing track has 36 measures so the last 12 measures are just improv, staying in boxes 1 & 2.  Looking forward to the rest of the solos so I can start building up licks in the rest of the boxes.

Fender American Standard Strat, neck pup;  Mustang II set on Fender 65 Princeton with a little more gain than I normally use; Ableton Livelite 8 recording software.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/MOkQj0I0/SBS_Solo_1-Nov_9_2011.html

jerrydawg

Blues Newbie
Well done Steve.... nice to hear how someone else is playing.... and I liked your ad lib there on the last few bars...
your definitly on the right track.  :cool:

miko

Blues Newbie
Nice going Steve. Great improv addition.

I will be posting mine in the next few days. Just need to go buy a 1/8 cord to get my recording set up.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Good Job on that Steve! I can't wait to get going on this solo.

miko

Blues Newbie
ok, here is my kick at the cat...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/RuwJ3q-_/SBS_solo1_take_3.html

Speaking of kick at the cat yes you do hear a cat in the background at one point... it's not in your head... and no I didn't kick it... perhaps it didn't like my solo  :'(. That's it I'm either getting a jack so I don't need to use a mic or I'm getting a new cat...

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Miko,

Nice job & good improv over the last 12 bars.  Congrats on your first recording!  Glad you took the plunge.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Hi Steve, I just popped my head into this section of the forum out of shear noseyness, I'm not upto these dizzy heights yet but listened to your track, and hey yes, liked what I heard.  :)

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
I'm not quite there yet either. Just started working on combining the two. Keep taking a peek at he solo and listening to Griff play it. Hopefully take a stab at it soon....

P

pgilara

Wow Steve, that sounds great! I have just started the BGU lessons and am hopeful that I can sound that good one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration.

Paul

L

lindareeds@yahoo.c

Really IMPRESSIVE!

I'm learning on an accoutsic guitar but if (WHEN) I sound this good i'll consider getting plugged in.   ;)