Sad news

Ed_zeppelin

Blues Newbie
Dennis, I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words to console a parent who has lost a child. You were fortunate to have each other for the time permitted. God bless you and your family.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I'm so sorry to hear the news, Dennis. I remember first hearing about Kevin when you held the auction shortly after I joined the forum. You obviously pulled out all the stops to make him feel as loved and supported as possible. I hope that you get some comfort from all of the support that you have from us here on the forum. I will also keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

markherrick

Blues Newbie
So very sorry. I hope that time will both dull the pain and sharpen the memories of all the good times and accomplishments you shared.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Very sorry to hear this Capn. I can't begin to understand what you are going through. Many good wishes and prayers coming your way!

Oldmann

Blues Newbie
So very sorry, and am lifting you up in prayer. You have been strong, an incredible father, and have walked a difficult path. I pray that you will find a peace, even though the pain and loss will still be with you. Crying is good for the soul, and those that know and love you will understand. Jim

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
We laid him to rest today. He is buried next to his Mom who we lost in July 2000. We had a beautiful service,with a guitar player and singer. He started with Dust in the Wind, and I lost it. My choice. I had one of his buddies read something for me.

I said that a lot of people any myself were feeling sorry for me. It was just so unfair and such a tragedy that I lost my son, and lost his Mom. But I said the real tragedy would have been not to have ever known Kevin or his Mom, two of the most wonderful people I have ever met.

I will post a couple of his videos when I get a chance.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. It does help!

Dennis

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Oh Man. Sad news indeed. So very sorry to hear that Capn. You have a lot of good memories of him, don't let go of them, they will see you through this very difficult time. God Bless.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
I am so very sorry for your loss Capn. My youngest son (20) just started as a sophomore at Webster University two weeks ago. I will think of your son every time we go for a visit.

steve w

Nottinghamshire, UK
So sorry to hear this Capn, can't begin to imagine how you feel. Sounds like he had a wonderful caring Father to help him through it all.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Such sorrowful news and that makes it so difficult to say anything but prayers and thoughts are with you and yours.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Video by Kevin starring Kevin, from about 5 years ago.

Kevin's older brother was playing the bass in the music with his band Cronus, who basically was a jam band that I really liked.

Oldmann

Blues Newbie
CapnDenny1,

I sent my sincerest condolences and prayers to you the other day, and have been trying to figure out how to send you an email directly. I can't do it, but wanted to add something but do not want to take away from your son at all, this thread is about him. You must be very strong to have lost both your son and his mother. I have been married 34 years and can not imagine losing my wife. However, we did lose our youngest son at 19, seven years ago, to a bone cancer in his back. Today he would be 27, about the same age as your son. Our faith has helped us along tremendously, and knowing that we will see him again is comforting. There are very few days that go by that we don't shed private tears. Like you, we loved our son and miss him. Your son seemed to be an amazing kid, one that I wish I had known. His strength to persevere under stress and pain we know, and like me you have been blessed for the time that you had with your son. You will find that his memory will have you ballling and laughing hysterically at the same time, especially around the holidays when the family gathers. I don't know you, but I admire you for the strength and class that you have shown on this forum, and in this thread. As I lift you up, I pray that your son's memories engulf you with comforting thoughts until that day way down the trail that you get to join him and jam again. You are a good man, and raised a fine son. Jim

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Thank you Jim.

When I lost my wife 16 years ago, I felt so much as if I was the only one who had to endure such a thing. I was comforted by people coming forward sharing stories of their own loss. It helps to know that others understand.

Life can be good, but it can also suck really badly.