Studio One S1 effects question

Elwood

Blues
If this has been asked and answered please just point me to it...:whistle:

What is an easy way to add effects to a section of a tune. Say I want something on bars 6, 7 and half of 8 in a 12 bar (purely hypo)?

Do I split on both ends, apply effects, and then heal the splits?
I know it is a dumb question, it's me. If I knew I wouldn't ask right? :)

This is kid stuff for most of you guys. You guys are in jets, I'm in a hot air balloon with a flickering burner.:eek:

Help! (just please don't point me to where I asked this before :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Yes, that's about it. Split out those bars into an event, then hold down the ALT key (CMD on a Mac, I'm pretty sure) while you drag the effect onto that event. I guess you can then do a cross-fade if you want (press the X key).

There might be a better way, I don't know, but this way is pretty easy.

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Doug! I can control the volume a couple of ways but just adding effects to a section is one of those things that I just have not dabbled with. Now I know I'm on the right track.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Isolate where you want the fx, press the i button, track inspector, on top left menu, and event fx is available on the window that opens. Or......sometimes I drag the event to a duplicate track and do the extras there. Combined with dvs' method, that's three ways to do it.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've used the method @dvs describes a few times. The only other method I have used is automation. I prefer the effect on event (Doug's) method. It's less work and once you're happy with the amount of effect you want on an event, you can bounce the event and forget about it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Isolate where you want the fx, press the i button, track inspector, on top left menu, and event fx is available on the window that opens. Or......sometimes I drag the event to a duplicate track and do the extras there. Combined with dvs' method, that's three ways to do it.
Thanks,
I had forgotten about that option.