rythm and figures for blues and lead

ERICMarchal

Blues Newbie
Hi everyone,

A question about this course , Griff says to learn each exemple in each module , does it means to memorize them all or just to be able to play them with the track and the rythm sheet ?
Thanks
ERIC

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I don't think Griff expects you to memorize each one, but to experiment with adding the elements in your own playing.

How soon they become "second nature" will be directly proportional to the amount of time you spend with the course.

As he says, they are "foundational" and everything you absorb from the course will become part of everything you do. :)

Last edited:

ERICMarchal

Blues Newbie
I don't think Griff expects you to memorize each one, but to experiment with adding the elements in your own playing.

How soon they become "second nature" will be directly proportional to the amount of time you spend with the course.

As he says, they are "foundational" and everything you absorb from the course will become part of everything you do. :)

Thanks Paleo

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
Hey Eric,

I am working my way through this course and really enjoying it. As Paleo said memorizing each one is not the purpose of the course. One thing that I have done is really moving around the neck with each new rhythm figure. You prolly have noticed griff starts every time in the top of box 2. Some times he will do some stuff in box one. I have been really working in going from different box to box with each figure and trying to land on certain notes. I am currently in module 9 and my ability to move around the neck in the key of A and knowing exactly where I am has gone through the roof. This has been a MASSIVE side benefit to what the course is all about.

ERICMarchal

Blues Newbie
Hey Eric,

I am working my way through this course and really enjoying it. As Paleo said memorizing each one is not the purpose of the course. One thing that I have done is really moving around the neck with each new rhythm figure. You prolly have noticed griff starts every time in the top of box 2. Some times he will do some stuff in box one. I have been really working in going from different box to box with each figure and trying to land on certain notes. I am currently in module 9 and my ability to move around the neck in the key of A and knowing exactly where I am has gone through the roof. This has been a MASSIVE side benefit to what the course is all about.

Hello Wait H ,
I guess you're right , i'm just moving around box 1 and 2 but i'll expand over the all fretboard .
This course is a must , i'm on module 5 and it's already changing my way of playing .: rythm first , now it feels so unbalanced and wrong without it .
I'm not mainly on the blues thing , more country rock and singing , but it all comes from blues .
AS we say in France , this course should be pay back by the social security ( don't if this word exist in english , well anyway )

PLEASE EVERYBODY GO FOR THIS MASSIVE AND MUST COURSE

Thanks for your helpful answer .