Rockys Hideaway Blues

Discussion in 'Deep Sea Blues - Little Mary's Lamb' started by Rockybottom, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Rockybottom

Rockybottom Senior Bluesman

The biggest problem I had with this was missing or only just catching the strings on moving from top E to say the B7 chord arpeggio, but I suppose thats just more practice and getting my right hand to remember  where the string spacings are !!!  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/rockybottom-1/hideaway-blues
    http://www.4shared.com/music/MoU4kdgc/Hideaway_Blues.html

2. Elio

Elio Student Of The Blues

Sounding good! This one ended up taking me much more time than I expected before I felt I at least sort of got it.  I always incorporate it into my practice sessions. Keep at it.

3. Rockybottom

Thanks Elio.  Yeh it took me longer to get to this stage with this one as well and I was thinking exactly the same as you, would be a good practice piece.  IN fact, when I have finished the chords section in the manual I think I will pick a few pieces a s routine practice to get accuracy up.

Cheers
    :cool:

4. Thatman

Thatman Playin' for the fun of it.

It's great to get to the point where you can play something that sounds like a tune it makes it all worth while. So nice one Rocky and now you can crack on.  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

5. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

Good job Rocky. You are really moving along nicely.

6. Rockybottom

Thanks Mike.  I am trying to slow down a bit as I feel I am rushing through the book a bit.  Just in the middle of rebuilding my Tele (see gear talk) so that should do it !!!

7. rusty62196

rusty62196 Blues Newbie

Nice job man...I like it.