Rifftone M5 5.8GHz Wireless Guitar System

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by MikeR, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MikeR

MikeR Guitar Challenged

No, but this review (such as it is) of the Canadian version claims it works:

2. burlew

burlew Blues Junior

Hey Mike.

I'm all for having the freedom offered by a wireless rig. Our bass player is wireless and he loves to roam among the crowd during certain songs.

But I'm kinda chained to my pedal board. I mean even if i was wireless, i can't venture far from the board.

your thoughts . . . . .

3. Crossroads

Crossroads Thump the Bottom

David

I can't speak for this unit bit I have used a Line 6 G30 for years with a pedal board.

It still makes it much easier to move around, you don't have to worry about tripping, stepping on your cord or getting it wrapped around a mic stand.

I would use it more but I have to strap the transmitter, it eats AA batteries, and I lose a spot for the receiver on my board. So I want to replace mine. Just trying to determine if this is the right unit for me. The latency is about twice the 2.4 G units.

4. Elio

Elio Student Of The Blues

Good question, I would really like one I can use with my active pickup bass.

5. MikeR

MikeR Guitar Challenged

I used it last night at the Blue Note for our garage band gig and it worked great! I had it plugged into my pedal board and although I didn't go far from the board, it was still nice to have. If I'm not soloing, I don't usually change anything pedal-wise during a song so with the wireless, I could move about freely.

#25 MikeR, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    JestMe likes this.
  6. JestMe

JestMe Student Of The Blues

I like the idea of 5.8GHz and I like the price too... I got one sitting in my Amazon cart... but haven't pulled the trigger yet...

They do look essentially just like the Carvin WG5 that was also tempting. I think you are correct when you say they are the same...even the diagrams in the manual look the same...

Thanks for the tip on these...

7. burlew

burlew Blues Junior

ok. . .you smooth talker.

Its on order

sloslunas and steve o like this.