Rhythm Figures for Lead Guitar

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
Well starting to understand what Griff is talking about in counting faster. Now I know I have always shook my head and said yea I know what you are saying to all my teachers but now. I have started ex.4 but at the end what is said makes since.

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
Been some time off so today pick up on the last module 10 and played through those last 3 so easy the count pretty much stayed in my head. Module 11 1-2-3-4 cool and just need some time work but seems cool stuff.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
well I made it through Mod 11 worked on 6-7-8 and have them down so now the move on to Mod 12
I didn't want you to think I wasn't paying attention... I love that you're documenting the process through this. Please feel free to share any insights you gain, I love watching the light bulbs go on :)

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
Well Module 12 At the end and Ex. 5-6-7 are really cool to play. Pretty much got it in my head so I can move on to Module 13. Still have to finish the whole course by the 15th week this year.

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
Well have been putting off mod 13 because of Basketball games lol. But today I finished it. On to mod 14 seems to be easy for me because I have been learning in the way Griff has said about how to work on each modual so to speak. mod 13 6-7-8 seemed to be kinda hard but mod 14 1-2-3-4 seem to be easy right now but still just working on those before moving on to the others.

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
I understand the counting in the exercise's, but is the ultimate goal to provide a blueprint or structure for solo's?

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
Well CVTOT The use of this is to build the counting structure in your mind deep in side. This way you will be able to count into the solo. Then you will want to play in a song in rhythm front to back with out thinking about and loudly counting while you play. I also think you be able to look at tabs and be able to read it and play it with out to much in the read while play from a tab. Hope this helps it is what I am getting out of it right now.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
We all play the same notes.

The goal is to become a more dynamic soloist by varying the rhythms you use to play those notes.

So, yes, I suppose you could use the rhythm figures explored in the course as a blueprint to “structure” a solo.

Last edited:

JackRunnels

Blues Newbie
I understand the counting in the exercise's, but is the ultimate goal to provide a blueprint or structure for solo's?
1 other thing is at the start I was writing the count under. 1x 2au 3x 4 kinda like this so I could see what I was practicing with a metronome. Now I am at the end mod 14 after many weeks and do not have to write down the counting structure for the counting I get it now. I watched this all the way through and have tried to do what Teacher Griff told and explained what to do. I was setting and counting loud and still a little to get what is the timing needed to play the solo. Now I dont write the counting under the solo unless needed and can see it all in my mind I think.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I just started this course this morning. In both the introduction and the 1st module the vocal is out of sequence with the video and it's kind of cut up. Should I expect this throughout the course?

Griff

Staff member
I just started this course this morning. In both the introduction and the 1st module the vocal is out of sequence with the video and it's kind of cut up. Should I expect this throughout the course?
That sounds like something is wrong. Hundreds of people have gone through the course, and of course I edited it and produced it and didn't see any issues, and haven't heard of any issues. Are you watching a stream, a download, or some other media?

Griff

Staff member
Not necessarily a blueprint or structure for an entire solo, but certainly for any single lick or idea within that solo.

If you want more structure, there's no reason you could do several of those examples in a row and create a solo out of it.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
That sounds like something is wrong. Hundreds of people have gone through the course, and of course I edited it and produced it and didn't see any issues, and haven't heard of any issues. Are you watching a stream, a download, or some other media?
I'm watching it how I watch all of the courses. I open the course and go to the lesson and start it up. Is that streaming?

We've got another snow storm moving in. It's possible that there could be some interference in the system?

Griff

Staff member
I'm watching it how I watch all of the courses. I open the course and go to the lesson and start it up. Is that streaming?

We've got another snow storm moving in. It's possible that there could be some interference in the system?
Yes, you're streaming it then. It's having to move across the internet from some server somewhere, and that can hiccup depending on whatever is going on out there.

I'd suggest downloading the MP4 videos and watching them locally. That way you know it's not gonna drop out if a snow storm hits.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
@Griff Did I do something wrong? I'm not getting a video showing the music for where the notes and rests are on the module examples. All I get is the audio and I count myself in and have no idea about tapping the foot up or down etc.... This is what I get: 1680045239476.png

Last edited:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@mountain man I am not having any issues, I.e., no lagging of audio or video. The on screen display of the counting are all visible.

Have you had any similar issues with any YT vids? Also, have you done a speed test of your internet. Some interuptions of service may cause the stream to be a bit on the slow to almost no transfer of data. If you have a wired modem, try power cycling it. If WIFI router, reset it along with the modem and then check for any changes to the data flow...

I recently had an issue with AAP live and after reseting all internet connected devices, the issue has not re-appeared. Hope this helps you...

Elio

Student Of The Blues
@Griff Did I do something wrong? I'm not getting a video showing the music for where the notes and rests are on the module examples. All I get is the audio and I count myself in and have no idea about tapping the foot up or down etc.... This is what I get: View attachment 17990
It sounds as though you may have a connectivity issue. I gave the same module a try and the video comes through properly and syncs up with the audio. I have noticed in this course that when my connection glitches, the video seems to be the first thing to go. As Griff suggested, try downloading the MP4 and then playing it on its own. Since it won't be streaming, it should be bulletproof and with really good video quality.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@Elio glad to see you confirmed "No Issues" on your system.

I have had some similar issues in the past both the course materials and AAP live stream.

After power cycling all associated internet devices, i.e., cable modem, internet modem, WIFI router, all video and audio issues were resolved. That is until the next electrical interruption causes all the above devices to go bonkers again.

As of last evening all was A OK! All except for Griff's suggestion to download the MP4. I looked at multiple areas of the RFFBL course and did not find any reference to MP4. All I see is the Manual, which I have downloaded the PDF with no issues. Is the MP4 only availabel for download if the course is owned and not accessed via My Courses?

Last edited: