Rhumba/Swing in A - Complete

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK, this one deserves some explanation...
I put it together this morning as a clean track. I haven't played on it yet. It starts off as a medium tempo rhumba beat in A. After 24 bars it goes to a swing beat for 24 bars. Then back to a rhumba, and back to a swing. This repeats until the last segment, which is 36 bars of rhumba with a cha-cha-cha end. It runs a little over 10 minutes. Please feel free to take 48 bars if you like so you can play over both beats.

https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/clean/LongRhumbaInA.mp3

Edit: After listening to the final paste up job, it appears that not every rhumba section is 24 bars. Some are 36, but all the swing sections are 24 bars.

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nicely done, Paleo!
I was wondering if anyone was going to take it up. Just getting ready to do so myself!

Elwood

Blues
Very nice Paleo! I used and abused your melody tag.
Fine track Papa! Another great "at bat" also!!!

It took me a while to step on that cat's tail just right.

My humble contribution from 3:09 to 4:33.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jzfczbtj5gjk6ib/long rhumba in A - PaleoPapaEw.mp3?dl=0

This is my '06 MIM std tele. This is the first year of the famous (actually infamous) "Hot Ceramic" pickups. hey, they work. Sort of a "campy" appeal, like the first Star Wars movie.

Cheers:Beer:

Last edited:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
***RECORDING***

Nice track Papa. This one kept my fingers moving so I kept it pretty repetitive on the Rumba portion. Tried throwing in a few 2 note major arpeggios but can't get that Paparaptor smoothness on them yet. Paleo, you started it off with a bang and Elwood got his mojo working! I'm in from 4:34 - 6:16.

Long Rumba in A - Paleo-Papa-Elwood-TZ

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
Good one TZ!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You guys are all so smooth. Nice dbl stops, cool little change up ideas. Nice variety from all of you!!!.

Elwood

Blues
love your start off MM!! (y) Some of those bends, you kinda trampoline on them, nice! And, that is still a sweet tone you got there! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Good good!!!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Whoa! What happened? That originally went out another 3 minutes or so!
Oh well... Nobody died!
Nice work MM. That's an ending you can't prepare for!

Elwood

Blues
Dang it!!! Looks like I happened. I took a peep at the tracks ( ya'll probly did too) and the time magically disappeared right when I made my "contribution". It was 10:29 when you got done Papa, and 7:39 when I did. :eek::oops::rolleyes:;):(:mad::confused::cry::censored::cautious::sick:, that should sum it up.

I didn't mean to? (they say the road to ruination is paved with good intentions) Really. MM sounds great solo!!!

Rats. I repeat :eek::oops::rolleyes:;):(:mad::confused::cry::censored::cautious::sick:,

Sorry guys. And here I though I was starting to figure this out. I know, Ya'll are goona start making sure there are no spare cords lying around when you see me coming with a guitar alright. :whistle: I may do better to limit myself more to independent efforts, maybe. They say you have to break a few eggs, but I seem to end up with broken eggs.:( You remember George Carlin's "dummy darts"? If we had those I would look like a porcupine!!!

Probably not the time to say it was fun.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Some cool stuff on this track guys. You lot are noticeably improving all the time.(y)(y) Keep it up. I threw some double stops in as well seeing as how it seems to be the thing to do on this one. I took it to it's rather abrupt end.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4c6rq32960dct46/Rhumba Paleo-Papa-Elwood-TZ-MM.mp3?dl=0

That was spectacular, stupendous, and a bunch of other words that I don't know how to spell! Great way to end this one and cover for Elwood kicking the band out before they were done(y)(y)(y).

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Dang it!!! Looks like I happened. I took a peep at the tracks ( ya'll probly did too) and the time magically disappeared right when I made my "contribution". It was 10:29 when you got done Papa, and 7:39 when I did. :eek::oops::rolleyes:;):(:mad::confused::cry::censored::cautious::sick:, that should sum it up.

I didn't mean to? (they say the road to ruination is paved with good intentions) Really. MM sounds great solo!!!

Rats. I repeat :eek::oops::rolleyes:;):(:mad::confused::cry::censored::cautious::sick:,

Sorry guys. And here I though I was starting to figure this out. I know, Ya'll are goona start making sure there are no spare cords lying around when you see me coming with a guitar alright. :whistle: I may do better to limit myself more to independent efforts, maybe. They say you have to break a few eggs, but I seem to end up with broken eggs.:( You remember George Carlin's "dummy darts"? If we had those I would look like a porcupine!!!

Probably not the time to say it was fun.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

There are two important things to remember down here.
1. We ain't making hit records down here.
2. Nobody died as a result.

So... forget any nonsense about limiting yourself. You're here, you're stuck with us. We have a hard enough time luring new blood down to this musical dungeon, so don't think just because you truncated a jam track that we're going to let you leave. Nuh-Uh... it ain't happenin' buddy! Deal with it!

Elwood

Blues
Yeah, thanks guys, I'm dealin.

Spose if I go first you better listen quick huh?

Anyway, that song of the day is outrageous @PapaRaptor . All things considered, seeing the title I had to hear it! That big fella might not have the pink strap but he flat plays. There is another one I would not have come across in a million years, Thanks!!!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Anyway, that song of the day is outrageous @PapaRaptor . All things considered, seeing the title I had to hear it! That big fella might not have the pink strap but he flat plays. There is another one I would not have come across in a million years, Thanks!!!
I just changed it up and put the Friday tune up, so Popa Chubby is now second in line.