Reviewing Older material, Hideaway Blues,

panther

Blues Newbie
I'm going back over some earlier stuff, and I wanted to listen to the full speed version, of hideaway Blues but it seems, it's the only one in the series, that only has one slow speed. Am I missing a Play along track ? It says 60 BPM but it seems slower then that.
Dan

panther

Blues Newbie
Listening to the play along track, it sure sounds like Griff is playing, very slow.
Todd Cash, recorded his version, in our recording section, and it sounds really great.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/rGsci_II/Hideaway_Blues.html

Dan

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
Listening to the play along track, it sure sounds like Griff is playing, very slow.

It IS after all, the beginners' course Dan... or are you just skiting about how fast you can play now?

A more normal speed for an 'average' song would be about 72 bpm, I suppose... fast would be about 140 or above...

but this is the blues; and the blues is played SSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLLYYYYYY

;)

joggingon

Blues Newbie
One option would be to record the song into Audacity, then increase the tempo under the "Effect" drop down tab.   You can change the tempo in small increments from -99% to +400%.  Increasing the tempo increases the speed while keeping the pitch the same.  I've used it to help me bridge the gap between the slow version and fast versions of other songs.