Redeeming a Golden Ticket

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
OK. So Griff's new course is available for me to redeem with my Golden Ticket.

After I pick the course (or any other course) from the list and hit "Please redeem my Golden Ticket" what happens?

Are there options for DVDs or Manual Hard Copies or is the course in My Courses simply turned on permanently so I can download?

In other words, when you redeem a course is it like purchasing the digital download version?

If so I'd rather purchase the DVD version and save my Golden Ticket for something else in the future.

Need help from someone who has already redeemed a ticket.:whistle:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Thanks. My impression all along was that it would be like purchasing the Digital Edition.

Some of us have wondered if DVD editions and printed manuals would also be available.

I guess not?:(

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Griff said at the bottom of his email that he is working on getting that done.

Ah, good to know. I confess to missing that part; it’s not you, it’s me. ;)

For my part I prefer the digital route. I print what documentation I want, ad hoc and at the pages-per-sheet and resolution I prefer, and burn my own Blu-Ray and/or DVD backups as the Muse takes me. I’m a Old Skool dinosaur in some ways, in others I’m all geek boi. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Griff said at the bottom of his email that he is working on getting that done.
That was a paragraph before he mentioned redeeming a Golden Ticket, in which he was addressing those who want to purchase only the DVDs or manual separately. Options which have not previously been available.

I'm wondering about being able to redeem a ticket for DVD editions.

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
My understanding has always been that when new courses come out, they would be added to our courses and be available for streaming only, just like any other course that we have not already purchased.

We can redeem a Golden Ticket to add any course that we didn't actually purchase to our list of purchased courses, i.e. now we own it, but only as the digital edition, which can then be downloaded.

Some members wondered way back at the beginning if it would be possible to redeem a ticket for a hard copy edition, maybe even at a reduced price.

There are some of us who, for technical and/or health reasons, can't download lessons or sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer streaming lessons.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
It's a good question. I seem to recall from back then that some things were still to be worked out...

I'd say the best and surest answer would be to ping the man himself... perhaps IM Griff and point him to this thread.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
After I pick the course (or any other course) from the list and hit "Please redeem my Golden Ticket" what happens?
Back to my original question, after I click the "Please Redeem...." button, what happens? Is it a done deal? Have I committed myself? Can I change my mind?

If I click it and then end up buying the DVD edition anyway, I've wasted my ticket.

Only someone who has done it will know.:whistle:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Back to my original question, after I click the "Please Redeem...." button, what happens? Is it a done deal? Have I committed myself? Can I change my mind?

If I click it and then end up buying the DVD edition anyway, I've wasted my ticket.

Only someone who has done it will know.:whistle:

Paleo, if you get the DVD/Manual, you are only paying for the DVDs/Manual ($20-30). The Golden Ticket gives you ownership of the Digital product in perpetuity. Without the Golden Ticket, to buy a course with DVDs/Manual would run you $100 or more.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Paleo, if you get the DVD/Manual, you are only paying for the DVDs/Manual ($20-30). The Golden Ticket gives you ownership of the Digital product in perpetuity. Without the Golden Ticket, to buy a course with DVDs/Manual would run you $100 or more.
If you are saying that you can redeem the ticket for the digital edition and get the DVD/Manual for $20-30, that's exactly what people were asking for, i.e. redeeming the ticket and paying the difference between buying the DVD edition and the digital edition to get the DVD edition.

However, I haven't seen this offer anywhere. That's what I'm trying to find out.

Is that offered after I click the Redeem button?

Last edited:

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
I redeemed my Golden Ticket. I get the down load. I can copy the lessons and the books. I asked Grifff about getting the hard copies and it is something he is working on. It is not an easy problem to resolve so we need to just give him some time.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
If you are saying that you can redeem the ticket for the digital edition and get the DVD/Manual for $20-30, that's exactly what people were asking for, i.e. redeeming the ticket and paying the difference between buying the DVD edition and the digital edition to get the DVD edition.

However, I haven't seen this offer anywhere. That's what I'm trying to find out.

Is that offered after I click the Redeem button?

Paleo.........I don't think it's an implied offer.....maybe not an offer one can infer. However, I know this is the way it will work because I did this way before AAP.

I bought about 5 Digital Courses, after buying most of my courses with everything included.

I realized I made a mistake just buying the Digital Courses. So, I contacted Griff, told him of my plight, and he worked it so I could get the DVDs/Manuals for a Price. It was all very fair, Griff did me solid and I told him how much I appreciated him making this happen for me.

The way I read the current situation is this........Griff has to find a way to make it EASY to get the DVDs/Manuals, a thing where you click on some buttons and VOILA, your stuff is mailed to you. Once he figures out that method, it will be on-board. What I did with Griff was a one-off situation that required Griff get personally involved. My guess is that he wants to greatly curtail what he has to do to get DVDs/Manual up and running. There will be a lot MORE people than me ordering this way.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Starting working on Griff's new course online. Had all kinds of problems streaming the videos and the player.

Worked through Group 1 and the solo and decided I didn't want to wait any longer, so I went ahead and redeemed by Golden Ticket.

To answer my own question, this is what comes up after you click "Please redeem my Golden Ticket":

GT.jpg