Recording from 11R?

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
@paparaptor and others, I hope you can help with this.

I have my 11R connected to my laptop over USB and the Editor is talking to it, but Audacity is not seeing the 11R as an source to record from.

Do I need special drivers?

In the meantime I have been going Guitar -> 11R -> Mustang III input with studio preamp model -> USB to PC -> Audacity and it is working fine, but it seems silly to have the mustang in the loop (or is it? that way I hear my playing)

Yesterday I accidentally did 11R with "Tweed Jumped" setting into the Mustang set to "dirty deluxe" using my Blueshawk (P90) and boy did I like the dirt on dirt result! (didn;t quite sound as good with my humbucker guitars)

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I use other DAWS, personally, I would get Reaper.......it says you have to buy it after the intro period, but it will count down from 10 and work, they dont disable it.

But that said, you may have to change your audio preference settings, they probably default to something like windows and realtek for recording and playback.........check for a drop down menu for ASIO or 11r or something ( havent recorded from mine in a while)

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I just wanted to use it for the VJR, I don't really want to invest the time in learning a DAW. I've tried a few in the past, including Reaper, and the learning curve is high, especially when you use it a few times a year only. I use Audacity regularly so I'm familiar with it and it suits the simple needs I have (record, maybe adjust levels and mix my recording with the backing track)

DAWs seem to be great at screwing up your PC audio. Last time I messed around with one, I got it recording fine, but then none of the normal sound in my PC would work properly, i.e. I wouldn't be able to play sound from youtube. If I'm lucky, it's only ifthe SAW sofwtare is up (it "taked over all sound controls") but if I rememebr right it scrwed things up even after I existed the DAW.

Whatever the Mustang is using is great: in Audacity I can choose from microphone or Mustang and I'm in business. I can still play backing tracks on the PC (from audacity or not) while I record.