recording 2.5

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Great job David. Timing sounded right on and I thought the tone and dynamics sounded fine.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I like it.
My new year's resolution is to finish this course by summer (in a grander scheme of focusing on rhythm this year), and learn at least 3 of the solos from 5EBS or 5MEBS

david moon

Attempting the Blues
It was a Strat straight into a Roland Microcube. Added a touch of Chorus from the amp's built-in effects. Also the right hand technique was bare thumb and fingers, which has some effect on the tone.

Annie

On my way
That was really good David. I am thinking I will start on this course... maybe when I get to the solos in BGU. Hopefully for a distraction if I get burnt out.

Misty Mountain Hop

Blues Newbie
Nice work. Sounded really good.

This is not a critique, just my opinion - I am not sure if it is just what I am listening to these days (T-Bone, Gatemouth, Albert K, BB K, Freddie K, basically 40s, 50s, and sixties blues masters to help my ears and my soul digest what electric blues is "supposed" to sound like), but I think I prefer a cleaner sound. For some reason effects tire my ears.

Keep up the awesome work!

I love my little Roland Cube.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nice work. Sounded really good.

This is not a critique, just my opinion - I am not sure if it is just what I am listening to these days (T-Bone, Gatemouth, Albert K, BB K, Freddie K, basically 40s, 50s, and sixties blues masters to help my ears and my soul digest what electric blues is "supposed" to sound like), but I think I prefer a cleaner sound. For some reason effects tire my ears.

Keep up the awesome work!

I love my little Roland Cube.
All my recordings except the very earliest are with a a miced older micro Cube. I just went for the phaser sound on that one but it would also work totally clean.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Very nice David. Sounds like you're enjoying the rhythm course.

Your sound reminds me a little of an organ played through a Leslie.

This is the lesson that got me real excited about this course. Chord substitutions is what I'm always looking look for. They transform what would otherwise be boring strumming and turn it into something that can stand alone and sound good.

See you down the road! :thumbup:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Wow- two new comments on a post that's almost a year old. The 52 Rhythms course has lots of stuff like that. I listened to the recording again and no regrets, it sounds pretty good to me.

I was worried that I missed something in BGU and went back to BBG. Posted a few recordings there if anyone is interested