Re-opening live shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Infinity Hall in CT is opening some live shows in late September. I've got my ticket for Coco Montoya

Sept 23. When I bought the ticket there was no evidence of any "distancing" requirement in the seat selections.

Your mileage in MN or Michigan may vary (ok, kind of political)

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
FWIW, here in Israel live shows have been approved by the gov't, with social distancing and masks. Seatings - 20 seats in each "cubical", 2 meters distance between each seat. There is a limit of 40-200 seats, depending on the venue. I personally don't think these shows will last for long as there has been a sharp surge in corona infections in the past week. Unfortunately we are getting closer to a full lockdown.
Bad times...:cry:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
FWIW I don't know about the situation in Israel. Here in US, more testing reveals more positives, which means nothing because they could be from months ago. "New cases" is a meaningless metric. Hospitiliizastions and deaths are what matters, and they are dropping to near zero everywhere
Also CDC admitted that about 94% of COVID deaths had 2-3 other comorbidities. Median age of decedants is 80+ and most in long term care facilities. So why are we locking everyone down.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
FWIW I don't know about the situation in Israel. Here in US, more testing reveals more positives, which means nothing because they could be from months ago. "New cases" is a meaningless metric. Hospitiliizastions and deaths are what matters, and they are dropping to near zero everywhere
Also CDC admitted that about 94% of COVID deaths had 2-3 other comorbidities. Median age of decedants is 80+ and most in long term care facilities. So why are we locking everyone down.

Read this article.....CLOSELY.....which covers most of the topics above. Presented as a PSA with no editorializing by me....
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-19-deaths-used-misleading-claims/5681686002/

dvs

Green Mountain Blues

That's not true, David.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
So, the USA Today is your "fact checker" on a click bait site that had so many pop ups that I couldn't get through the article. It's no wonder that nobody knows what to believe and we all seem to just go with our own confirmation bias.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I call BS!!! Give me a break David! My wife has been working in a Covid 19 care unit since April. Day in and day out, she deals with people suffering and many of them dying from Covid. Yes, many of them have underlying issues but were living their lives fine. Many of them are also elderly but once again, were living and enjoying their golden years. The only reason they were being treated and dying (on a Covid 19 unit) was because they had Covid 19. Maybe you don’t care about people that have underlying health issues or our elderly population, but I do. Don’t even try telling me, my wife, or any healthcare worker that works caring for Covid 19 victims, and sees and has to cope with death every day, that Covid really isn’t that bad. How about having some compassion!!! You obviously haven’t been directly affected (thank God) or lost any friends/family. If you had, I think you would have a very different opinion.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
I call BS!!! Give me a break David! My wife has been working in a Covid 19 care unit since April. Day in and day out, she deals with people suffering and many of them dying from Covid. Yes, many of them have underlying issues but were living their lives fine. Many of them are also elderly but once again, were living and enjoying their golden years. The only reason they were being treated and dying (on a Covid 19 unit) was because they had Covid 19. Maybe you don’t care about people that have underlying health issues or our elderly population, but I do. Don’t even try telling me, my wife, or any healthcare worker that works caring for Covid 19 victims, and sees and has to cope with death every day, that Covid really isn’t that bad. How about having some compassion!!! You obviously haven’t been directly affected (thank God) or lost any friends/family. If you had, I think you would have a very different opinion.
This

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Per top epidemiologists (the type of doctor that handles infectious diseases like COVID).....yes, a good amount of the 180K people who died with COVID-19 have co-morbidities. But they were living just fine with those issues and what put them over the top was COVID. So, yes, the COVID death toll is 180K. There are many survivors of COVID who continue to suffer residual effects from COVID, many with "long-haul syndrome".

https://chicagohealthonline.com/in-covid-19-long-haul-syndrome-symptoms-continue-for-months/

In passing......be patriotic and mask up, practice social distancing and wash your hands frequently.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm not trying to minimize the danger or even saying that it's gone, but on the news today they said that in North Texas, the "Positivity rate" is down to just over 10% (Down from around 20% & the governor has been shooting for below 10%) and hospitals are emptying (this one is the real news).
I'm not sure what the "Positivity Rate" really indicates. If all the people that felt sick got tested and that was the 20% and now most people are being tested feeling sick or not, then that "Rate" doesn't mean much
Of course there is a major holiday here in the US in a few days, so I'm sure everyone and their brother will be out with no masks and not social distancing so stay tuned...

John-G

The Long and Winding Road

David - I really don't know where you get your facts, and on what you base them.
"New cases" is meaningless...Hospitalization and deaths are dropping to to near zero everywhere
:(:confused::(:confused:
I completely sympathise with @steve o and understand his pain. We too in Israel have had many deaths related to Covid19.
Do not underestimate and take lightly this very fatal virus which takes no prisoners.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
On the original topic of reopening live shows, the brew pub where I was playing weekly has resumed Thursday night open mics. It's happening under a new organizer, because the lady who was running things is not yet comfortable being indoors for hours sharing space with groups of people, even though this time the events will be in the large meeting/banquet hall where there's room to spread out tables and all singers are required to bring their own mic and cabling.

I, and about half the regulars who used to play there, agree with her and are not participating as yet. There's no credible information out there that indicates to me that attending or participating in such events would be well-advised. There's also no friction between the two "factions" in my musical circles: we all like and respect each other and we know that eventually everyone will be back. Events like these are also far removed from gigs where musicians who rely on the income are struggling to find a way forward.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Several of the places that I regularly played pre-covid are opening back up and several have called me to see if I want to play. Like Mark, I'm not yet ready to say that it's safe to do so and because I have some "compromised" family members, I'll be holding off for a while.
The thing that concerns me the most is not trusting anything I hear about the safety of getting back to "normal" therefore not knowing when it's ok to get back out and play.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I am not ready to attend any live performances. I am not ready to perform at anything live. People gathering together and alcohol that's a very bad combination with music involved to me. Even no alcohol that doesn't help much.

My youngest daughter is a 2nd year med student at Johns Hopkins. She helps research clear collate and publish information at @covidup2date by the Hopkins med students. It's a good place to follow on instagram.

For me public music stuff should be ok by spring 2021 probably ... dang man Coco Montoya shouldn't be taking chances like this.

sloslunas

NM Blues
Huh?? David try selling what you just said to the families that have lost all of their loved ones to this hideous virus. I have a feeling that the millions that have died or are currently infected are not going to buy into what your current message is (if so, go to their funerals and tell them so). I personally take great offense to what you wrote. I do not know where you get this information, but you need to get a full unbiased view of what is currently happening. We are all of this together, at least I hope so. Your views do not point to any real solutions. Why are we locking down??? To save precious lives...

Steve

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Huh?? David try selling what you just said to the families that have lost all of their loved ones to this hideous virus. I have a feeling that the millions that have died or are currently infected are not going to buy into what your current message is (if so, go to their funerals and tell them so). I personally take great offense to what you wrote. I do not know where you get this information, but you need to get a full unbiased view of what is currently happening. We are all of this together, at least I hope so. Your views do not point to any real solutions. Why are we locking down??? To save precious lives...

Steve

Amen brother, well said!!!:Beer::)

david moon

Attempting the Blues

Steve
To save precious lives- that's why Cuomo sent infected people back from hospitals to nursing homes.

Millions? Most of those infected below age 65 had no or minimal symptoms.

https://wmbriggs.com/post/32396/

https://wmbriggs.com/post/32316/

these posts cite CDC data, if you can refute it, not anecdotal, please do

The initial lockdowm was to "flatten the curve" for few weeks and prevent overload of the healthcare system. Infections were still going to occur but slower. Now it's "we have to stop the virus". What happened to "herd immunity".

Status
Not open for further replies.