Ray_UK's Little Marys Farm (baseline)

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
This isn't quite there, although I have done it better without the recorder running [there must be a way to overcome that!] Anyway having played it back a few times I'm thinking the runs are OKish but the chords are too loud & too slow - if I correct that I feel the last problem with timing will fall into place.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/nIr1SwNL/LittleMarysFarm.html

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Thanks everyone... it's a fun piece to play.

And Gary is right, it wasn't exactly baseline I used the wrong term.. it was the first time I'd managed to record it successfully though. I have big trouble with going off as soon as I hit record... it's weird when you think about it, sitting in my own home with an audience of 2 dogs :)

Russ

Blues Newbie
Yeah, I've got 3 cats. One runs as soon as I pick up the acoustic, but is OK with the electrics. One is like, "Well, what took you so long to start practicing again?". The oldest one is like, "Yeah, whatever man. You can't make me not sleep no matter how loud you turn up that amp".

Anyway, its kinda comforting to know there's that delete button if you don't like what you recorded. Maybe the issue is we keep calling ourselves old dogs, so your dogs remind you of us (the audience). Just kidding. I (like everyone else) also have a fear of the record button  :eek: .

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Good to know I'm not alone Russ.... our pets could do a bit more to encourage us I reckon considering where their meals & the roof over their heads come from   :)

DesmoDog

Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy
I've got two dogs as an audience as well.  The older one seems to maybe like it but won't let on.. the younger one has zero interest. I think because I can't play with her while I play the guitar?

Hmm, maybe that's why the older one seems to hang around... the guitar makes the younger one go away and he can lounge in peace!  :D

Cynicure

Blues Newbie
September 2nd eh? Catching up Ray... What does this one sound like now?

This one was nicely done; have a beer!

[smiley=beer.gif]

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
Thanks Dave, I'm quite pleased with this one, it's fun to play so I use it as a warm up nearly everyday which can only improve it  [smiley=beer.gif]