Random Tomfoolery

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
One of my Dad's uncles had such a thick hillbilly (not knocking hillbillies, I are one) accent, combined with a vocabulary of words that I swear he made up, well it made him hard to understand at times. Dad used to say he just shook his head yes and no when talking to Dallas, and hoped that he did it in the right places.
I'm TX born and bred, but the fam lived a few of my language-formative years in south GA. I've lost it as I've gotten older, but I know that I still have at least a little bit of an accent. It's most prominent on words with a hard I in them, like right, tight, sight, etc and words like log, dog, fog and whatever that O sound is. A few trips ago to my folks house, my mom pulled out a tape she had found of me reciting a poem from when I was in grade school. Kid me was about 2 sentences in when adult me looked at my mom and said, "what the HECK did I just say?" Apparently back then, I had a knack for turning 1-syllable words into 4 or 5, only I did so at the speed of like 400 words per minute. In retrospect, even I couldn't understand what I was saying. Guess I sounded like Boomhauer when I was a kid.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I grew up in an inner-ring suburb of Chicago. I apparently had a pretty strong Chicagoese accent when I first moved to Minnesota. Some people even got my name wrong because of the Chicago accent. I've tamed it considerably, but I'm still told that people can tell where I'm from.

Jack

Blues Junior
0rRBjy5.jpg

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well actually I took lessons from a classical guy and played it upright and with a bow. For anyone playing or dabbling in electric bass, the typical scale length for a string bass is 42". Fender is 34". So if the string bass had frets, their spacing would be way wider than on today's electric bass.