Put a face to the name (Post Pics Here)

darby4

darby4
Hi everybody, I got my picture in the window but I don't know how I did It! Just glad I did it, I won't be changing it anytime soon.
I'm spending more time on my tablet than on the Guitar! I have been playing guitar for 5 years and progress has been slow but am working on my priorities to put a push on my guitar studies!

Last edited:

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Hi Darby!

Get on over to "Introduce Yourself" so you get a proper welcome!

upload_2016-9-30_15-39-5.png

See you down the road! :thumbup:

Tulsa Jack

Blues Newbie
Well. I finally made it to the Forum!!! A mere six months in the making. Hence, I'm clueless as to how it works but wth y'alls help I'll be fine.
Not much else. I spent the last 30 years in the military and loved every second of it! Now I can fulfill my other dream of becoming a professional musician. Fortunately, I was able to dodge a sufficient number of bullets to make that possible.
Practice hard but practice right.,
C.H.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Well. I finally made it to the Forum!!! A mere six months in the making. Hence, I'm clueless as to how it works but wth y'alls help I'll be fine.
Not much else. I spent the last 30 years in the military and loved every second of it! Now I can fulfill my other dream of becoming a professional musician. Fortunately, I was able to dodge a sufficient number of bullets to make that possible.
Practice hard but practice right.,
C.H.
Welcome to the forum jack! You should go over to the "Introduce Yourself" part of the forum and you will get more responses............... :thumbup:

HotLks

Hi Jack!

Like MtMan said, head on over to the "Introduce Yourself" thread in the General category so you can get a proper welcome.

Griff, BGU and the great folks here will make you a Guitar Slinger if that's what you want to be!

Great to have you onboard!

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
I'm new...again. I don't know what happened but my logon user name and password didn't work. I haven't posted to the forum in a while. Anyway, I created a new user name and password so I could get on the forum. Sweet. I probably won't be able to remember the new credentials to logon in the future. We shall see.

bbguitarzan

Now look at the mess you got me in to!
Re: put a face to the name

I suppose I could do that too! I only have one, never have been big on photos of myself! It is kind of nice to put a face with the name. It's a larger version of my Avatar.
Small World sometimes. I lived in Bedford for a while & John Cougar Mellencamp from Seymour jus' down the road.

Attachments

• Me @ Lunch.jpg
    Me @ Lunch.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 15

HotLks

Is that a guitar in your hands Zapatos? Yes. You're OK.

darby4

darby4
Hi, I joined blues guitar hoping it will help take me from beginner to intermediate on guitar!

Darby4 here, I am actually close to intermediate after 5 yrs of trying, looking forward to giving it a good try this year.
I live in Dent Minnesota, retiried from engineering in Mesa, AZ in the year 2001. I have lived in Dent since retirement.

I started out with Gibson Learn & Master and recently signed up with Griff and also with Guitar Zoom. Hope to find my niche pretty soon! I presently am signed up with and working on BGU.

I have a Martin GPCPA5K acoustic guitar, my favorite song to play is "Blues in E", I also like some country! looking forward to hearing from you!

HotLks

Welcome Darby4! Please head on over to the Introduce yourself forum on the first page so you can get a proper welcome.

There's a lot of intermediate players here. You're in good company.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Hi Darby! Welcome to the forum from one Minnesotan to another! I spent my summers in the 60's & 70's growing up on Pickeral Lake just south of dent with my grandparents. What an awesome area. It's great to have you with us!!!:)

darby4

darby4
Hello nice to be here, I'm in Dent Minnesota in what they refer to as "the lake country". Lots of hunting and fishing goes on here. I don't do much of that anymore, I am retired and have to take it a little easier now so decided to give guitar one last try, always wanted to play guitar. I took accordian lessons when I was 10 years old for about 4 years, got quite good at it, was playing some advanced stuff but then I got interested in girls and cars, no more accordian! The guitar has become much more popular since then so I have been trying for the last five years, mostly scales and soloing. Guitar seems a lot more difficult! Being older wouldn't make any differance would it? Ha ha, well anyway wish me luck, I am looking forward to meeting new friends!