Put a face to the name (Post Pics Here)

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Great pics! Thanks! One of these days....... I'll be up on stage at my assisted living facility! ;)

M

Malc_C

Just on the military theme ( i'm not a military man myself) my father in law was a Lancaster bomber pilot during the 2nd world war and flew back to the uk on one mission with only one engine that was working and landed safely with only a minor injury to one of his crew members.. he later flew Vulcan bomber missions in the cold war era. An exceptionally brave man but quiet and unasuming...sadly no longer with us.. He was awarded the DFM and the DFC and Bar for his skill and bravery under action..
To the guy working as an electrician on power lines.. a job both demanding and dangerous at times ,i can imagine, you keep the lights on for all of us and keep our amps powered up too!! Thanks...
This forum has people from all walks of life.. and our common theme..The Blues..what else but music to bring us together..
I love it...Malc. C.

bob

Blues Newbie
on the military theme we all come from a forces background in my family
my nephew just been awarded the military cross
he was in iraq with the american forces
then was invited to meet president bush late last year very proud of him
he is in THE ROYAL IRISH RANGERS
going back to afghan soon
hope he keeps safe as well as al the other brave lads

johnc

systematic
Great pics! Thanks! One of these days....... I'll be up on stage at my assisted living facility! ;)

Yes Chuck,  I can just see you with your Marshall Stack strapped to your walking frame, ES 335 hangin' off your back.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Gee all you guys have cool pics playing with frends. Unfortunately for now I don't have anyone to play with, so I'll be doing it "remotely" with you guys.
WoW! it wasn't until I posted this that I saw how big that picture was! My ego's realy not THAT big.

johnc

systematic
Good pic msantarc,

Plenty of the guys on here play on their own and the forum is a great place to get together and share so don't be shy and hope to see you around.

Chuck

Staff member
There we were playing the Blues, and all of the sudden, a Hockey game broke out! ;D

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yes, I'm a man of many talents, uh.. Maybe not so much talent.. interests? I enjoy magic too! OF course when I play, my wife wishes I would disapear!

D

danielrayz

Hey Bob, How do I add my own Pic as an avatar? http:// from computer?
New guy...danielrayz :-/

Chuck

Staff member
Danielrayz, I posted instructions of how to do this at the top of the Lounge Forum.

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1239699973/0

Scroll down to reply 5 & 6 on pge 1. That should get you there.

johnc

systematic
Hi Daniel Glad to see it worked.  I should have checked the forum before I sent you email. All good.

D

dixiemuse

Well, this is my first forum post ever.  My first forum ever.  My first attempt at posting a picture on a forum. :eek:
And I just figured out how to shrink the size of a photo..... wow.  I'm a rocket scientist.  

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
Welcome Dixie..you are just what this forum needs..a pretty woman playing a Strat.
Doesn't get much better than that.
Where do you play? I googled a Phil Brady's and it came up Baton Rouge.

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Well, this is my first forum post ever.  My first forum ever.  My first attempt at posting a picture on a forum. :eek:
And I just figured out how to shrink the size of a photo..... wow.  I'm a rocket scientist.  

Well then, we cannot wait to hear your first recording if you do that well with "firsts"

Welcome to the gang by the way!

D

dixiemuse

Ah shucks.  Thanks.  Yup- Baton Rouge.  Home of the Blues, Tabby Thomas, Chris Thomas King, Larry Garner, Kenny Neal, Lil'Ray Neal, James Johnson, T-Bone Singleton, and a whole lot of others, one of which I will not mention.  And for every one whose name you might recognize, I can name ten others who play just as good, whose name you don't.  I play at Teddy's Juke Joint these days.  Phil Brady's got too political and it sucked all the fun out of it, but the lighting on the stage made for a good pic, a couple of years ago.   I am a strictly rhythm player, (and singer) who started off fingerpicking folk music on the acoustic, transferred to the Blues via the bass, then went to the electric after the last car wreck messed up my shoulders, and I am bored with what I play, and I want to learn how to play lead.  But even when I have someone like Sundanze showing me something, I just can't remember it when I get home....So, Griff, I love the lessons, and the video that I can turn on and off, and my husband showed me some button on the remote that I can press at the beginning of a segment so that it just keeps looping- because I can't just play it twice through in rehersal and expect not to want to stop in the same place on stage.  But if any of you are in Baton Rouge on a Wednesday night, please come out to Teddy's- because I will put you up on stage with me, for sure.  And I'll play rhythm behind you, because I'll bet you play better than me.... It's not about being the gun slinger just come into town, but about the fun of it- and playing IS fun- and it's the best seat in the house.   But I will be practicing!  And for the purists- that's only a Strat copy- a Yamaha Eterna electric probably made by Kaohsiung Yamaha in Taiwan.  But I have little hands, and it has a narrow neck and a thin backside, so even I can wrap my fingers around to fret the Low E string from the top!  And it cost me only $70 on E-Bay..... sounds real good with an FDR-1 pedal!

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
I am finding out that to be a good rhythm player it takes lots of practice and discipline. That's why I'm still on lessons one through six.
The chord changes are taking me forever to master.
When Griff kicks up the speed I get left in the dust.
Just going to make it that much sweeter when I finally get up to speed.
You will blow through those first lessons Dixie.