Put a face to the name (Post Pics Here)

M

Malc_C

I have tried to add pics to my post without success even tried tiny pic.. nothing seems to wirk.. any ideas would be mjuch appreciated..Malc C..

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Malc C, I followed my own instructions, and have the picture you see of me posted per those instructions.

Have you maybe missed a step?

Bluewater

Blues Newbie
I have tried to add pics to my post without success even tried tiny pic.. nothing seems to wirk.. any ideas would be mjuch appreciated..Malc C..
Malc C

I had the same problem. Looks like you are close. Try really reducing the size of your pic to something really small before posting to tinypic. That's what I had to do
Bluewater

M

Malc_C

I reduced the size to avatar 100/150 0n tiny pic thought that might do it. There are several " link codes ..I have tried 2 with JPG or Jpeg written in them ..all to  no avail.. even tried following your instructions to add a pic to my profile ..that put a square where my profile pic should be .. It's gotta be something i am failing to do ..as you can tell i'm not too hot on this I.T stuff arrrgh...
give me a pen and paper any day..
it's easier learning to play the blues ...i think!!
Malc C..

560sdl

Blues Newbie
Malc C,

For a photo within the body of the text, I am trying this now using these steps.

1.  I simply hit "reply" to your message.
2.  Clicked the button below where I am typing that says "Browse"
3.  Went to a folder on my hard drive that stores some images and found one that was under 250 KB
4.  Clicked post

If you try to preview it first, it tells you that you have to browse and do the whole thing over for "security" reasons.  Could that be the problem?

Lets see if this works, I am clicking Post

johnc

systematic
Hi Malc C,
I know these things are totally frustrating but doable.
Can you locate the picture you are wanting to upload.
Right click on it, then left click Properties.
The properties box should open and tell you the type and size of the file.

Could you then let us know exactly what is says about the picture file.

M

Malc_C

Hi from the computer dyslexic.. thanks for your help and patience..  I have followed you instructions..the pic I want to post details  has a size of 309 KB.. I have checked other photographs  that I could post but they are all of a similar size. I have no idea how to reduce their size to the 250 KB size that is suitable for this forum.
I have signed up to "Tiny pic" and tried to reduce the size of my selected pic and attempted to post that..it does not appear to have worked out..Mmmm .. frustrating, to say the least.. :-/

Chuck

Staff member
Did you upload that picture to Tinypic.com? Did you resize the pic to Avatar (Best for your profile?) Thumbnail is a bit bigger the next one after that bigger yet. Try these things on Tinypic, and get your profile picture done first. we'll go from there.

Malc, print the instructions I've posted for personal pic, so you're not jumping around web sites.

We'll get there. it can be frustrating.

johnc

systematic
Also Malc C,  Right click on the Photo you wish to use and look where it says open with and see what editing programs you have installed on your computer.   There is usually something there that can resize a photo.  If not you should be able to find a free basic photo editing program on the web.

If you have got this far already, after you resize the photo you need to save it to a new name or folder or desktop.  I usually just keep the same photo name and add "Reduced" so I can find it easily later. Recheck the photo size after saving it by right clicking and properties.   Needs to be less that 250,000 bytes or 250kb.  Just make sure that you select the new reduced Pic when uploading.

Size can be changed by altering the resolution or the number of pixels and just reduce that proportionally per your original photo size.  Just experiment there and you will work that side of it out.

When you have resized also if you have the option:  Save As  file type:   jpeg    and type your new photo name in the box window at the bottom.

Do as Chuck has said for the Avatar, but just check that you are using a compatable file type such as .jpeg.
Keep going with it, we will get it to work.

M

Malc_C

Thanks chuck and the rest of you guys for your help at long last i think the pic can be posted. The pic is of yours truly on a second world war sub. at pearl harbour.. It was Known as The Pearl Avenger because it was launched approximately 1 year after the attack on Pearl and it did considerable damage to the enemy fleet.. What an awsome place Pearl harbour and the memorial is..

M

Malc_C

Yeeehar!!! it worked... I will read your other posts now and sort out reducing a few more pics..then i will endeavor to place an Avatar size pic on my profile..
Once again .. many thanks..
I've just been down to a local market where one of the stall holders was selling guitars.. He tuned one up for me and together we put on a little Blues jam session for the customers.. They loved it.. and so did we.. I'd never met the guy before  it was cool.. Not bad for a newbie thats only on lessons 5 and 6..
Griff has injected life into this newbie muscian..
Best wishes Malc C.

Chuck

Staff member
Awesome! Now let's get Avatar fixed in your profile personal pic! Try to follow the instructions, if you need our help, let us know!

Pete R

Blues Newbie
Here's a larger version of my profile pic taken in what my wife refers to as my "I love me" room.  That's were I keep my music gear as well as all my Navy memorbelia.  I spent 21 years in the U.S. Navy flying jets.  Now I fly for a major cargo company.

2i0b4ur.jpg

johnc

systematic
Great pics Mal and Raz,

Both US Navy Themes, bit of a coincidence.  

Great to see you got the picture happening Mal, hope the avatar works, you must be very close.

Raz, nothing wrong with having an "I love me" room looks like achievements well deserved to be proud of.  I have been an electrician for 30 odd years, worked on power lines for about 15 of those years made a lot of folk happy but not much to show for all that work and risk.  
Just make sure the guitar is plugged in next time and turned up to max so I can hear it.

Chuck

Staff member
Nice pictures, I have a "I love me" room as well. I'm an old Army Air Defense man (Ret.) My job was to shoot down jets if the need ever arose (Cold War Vet), guarding the skies in Germany for over 16 years (I liked it there!). I was Nike Hercules, and Hawk after they de-commisioned the Nike systems.

Malc C, my Dad is a Navy Submarine Vet (Also Retired) I've been on several of his boats as kid growing up, for dependants cruises. That is until he went to the Nukes, then I couldn't go on anymore, and his patrols would last a year sometimes.

He's still kickin!

Pete R

Blues Newbie
I worked with a lot of Army Air Defense people in the Pentagon.  A good group of people, but I was always nervous flying around you guys!

Chuck

Staff member
That's why we all learn about ECM, ECCM, IFF, and spend a lot of time learning and implementing ACO's! It's all so we don't shoot down our own Buddies! Yep, nervousness would be called for! Happy to see you made it!

B

Babystrummer

Here I am playing with a great local band called the Cronkites. (I'm the big guy on the right)  Cronkites site is www.cronkites.com  

2copjic.jpg

2guzhxy.jpg